Instrumental Worship Director
The Director of Instrumental Worship leads and oversees the instrumentalists on our worship teams at Elmbrook. This is a significant leadership role with responsibility for investment in band members, both spiritually and musically. This role is responsible for arranging music, leading rehearsals, and playing with worship teams for most weekend services. In all, plan and lead such that God is honored and glorified in all expressions of worship.
- Participate in creative, planning and scheduling meetings as necessary.
- Help plan weekend services, and makes sure that all team members are scheduled and ready to play.
- Lead rehearsals, preparing instrumentalists and allow other worship staff to focus on vocals and ultimately on leading the congregation.
- Create charts when necessary and keep our musicians sounding great by focusing not only on the notes, but also on the musical tone of keyboards, guitars, etc.
- Propagate a culture of worship among our instrumentalists, encouraging all involved to think like worship leaders.
- Stay current on modern worship trends, best practices, and available technology, implementing new methods when they're helpful for furthering the environment of worship at Elmbrook.
- Maintain our Planning Center Online database of volunteers and music arrangements.
- Take primary responsibility for scheduling and facilitating new volunteer auditions, and for developing existing team-members.
- Collaborate and provide input for other worship staff: ordering songs, arranging, creating transitions, etc.
- Solid team leadership skills.
- Proficiency in leading a modern four piece style rock band (drums, bass, guitars, etc.), regularly incorporating a variety of folk, ethnic, and orchestral instruments,
- Ability to write arrangements involving a broad base of musicians on a regular basis.
- Music Theory background/training.
- Experience with music production and sequencing software is a must, preferablyin a live performance setting.
- Ideally, a keyboardist capable of excellence on piano/organ and synth (synth performance and programming).
- Highly recommended: Knowledge of Planning Center Online, Finale (or similar software) and Ableton Live (or smilar software).
- Maintain a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ.
- Active participant in the Elmbrook church family.
- Endorse and support Elmbrook statement of faith, vision and core values.
- Exemplify servant leadership, humility and patience.
- Communicate openly and tactfully.
- Be comfortable working in a fluid, rapidly changing environment.
- Hold ideas loosely and be open to team contribution.
- Prioritize and manage workload effectively with limited supervision.
- Be flexible, and available to regularly work weekends and other non-standard hours.
- Participate in worship leadership 40-45 weekends per year.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision and purpose of worship ministry.
- Build relationships with worship staff and volunteers.
- Full-Time Exempt Salaried Position
- 40-45 hours/week (regular weekend presence required)
- Salary – dependant on experience, skills & education
- Insurance - eligibility for all benefits associated with full-time employment, including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Employee Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
- 403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if employees are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are January 1st and July 1st. On an employee’s first anniversary Elmbrook will match up to 5%.
- Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
Worship Director, Grace Lund
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderCrosspointe Church
- Sanger, California
- January 20
Worship Pastor - 1768MinisterSearch
- Centennial, Colorado
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Director of Contemporary Worship -1723MinisterSearch
- Great Cincinnati Suburb, Ohio
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19