Full Time Director of Children’s Ministries
A Free Methodist Congregation, 1200 average attendance, is seeking a full time Director to cast vision, and oversee programming and staffing for ministry to children, ages 0-6th grade.
The position is to begin July 1, 2014
The candidate should be mature in the faith with a vibrant spiritual life of prayer. He or she should possess the following experience, skills and qualities:
- A proven effective track record in children’s ministry, preferably in a large church setting.
- A proven track record of effective evangelism, especially among children and their families.
- Be able to articulate age-appropriate discipleship objectives for children. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to translate those objectives into programming and the development of a culture of solid Biblically-based discipleship.
- Have a vision for assisting families in the spiritual training of their children.
- Have a vision for special ministry to at-risk children and their families.
- Be able to attract and develop volunteers and leaders among both children and adults.
- Have completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. A Masters of Divinity, graduate degree in ministry or in the areas of psychological counseling or child and family development would be beneficial.
- Be a visionary self-starter and possess the gifts and graces to extend the reach of our ministry to community children and their families.
For a more detailed job description http://springarborfm.org/jobs
Send resume, including 3 references by March 31, 2014 to:
Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church
Attn: Chuck Connors
120 E. Main
Spring Arbor, MI 49283