Title: Student Pastor/Director of Student Ministry
Mission of Position:
In the simplest terms, the Student Pastor is in charge of giving students the opportunity to become fully engaged followers of Christ. We believe that these opportunities happen through creating worship and community environments that present the gospel
through the balance of cultural relevance, Biblical truth and the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that serving is also a vitally important step in students becoming fully engaged followers of Christ. Additionally, we see the future Student Pastor as
someone who will be able to help shape the culture of Student Ministry as we continue to pursue our multi-site strategy.
About Rivers Crossing Community Church:
We exist to give people an opportunity to be fully engaged followers of Christ. No matter where someone is on their journey, we desire to see them moving closer to the life that God has planned for them. We recognize that everyone’s pursuit of God is unique
and no system or seven-point plan will work for everyone. Be it someone’s first time in a faith community or a life long follower of Christ, we are committed to see them become fully engaged in their faith.
As this plays out, our vision is that we will be a community of ordinary people seeking extraordinary lives. No spiritual superstars, no one who has arrived, just ordinary, common people seeing their lives impacted as we learn what it means to follow Jesus.
??In the end, we hope we can experience the sentiments expressed in Acts 4:13 “When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus”
Rivers Crossing started 6 ½ years ago in a basement in suburbia Cincinnati with the desire to see people have the opportunity to become fully engaged followers of Christ. God has truly blessed the heart for seeing lost people know the love and grace of
their savior. We are a multi-campus church averaging over 1,300 people in worship each week. In 2013 we celebrated as 300 people made a decision to follow Christ and 150 people took the step of obedience to be baptized.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Growing intimacy with Jesus Christ.
- Openness to the spontaneous and powerful ministry of the Holy Spirit in public and private settings.
- Agreement with the church’s mission, vision, values and beliefs (see website).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- A passion to see students become followers of Christ.
- A passion to see students lead others to Christ.
- Experience leading ministries of at least 200 students.
- A history of leading through teams.
- A history of developing and releasing adult and student leaders.
- Familiarity with Orange philosophy.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Students give their lives to Christ.
- Students give others (kids, students and adults) the opportunity to become fully engaged followers of Christ.
- Volunteers are filling key ministry positions.
- Leaders are being called into and released into ministry, including to future church plants.
- Develop and lead three student ministry teams that execute student ministry:
- Administrative and Events Team
- Worship Team
- Small Group Team
- Lead each team through the use of the 5 parts of leading a team:
- Defines vision for each team.
- Provides clarity to volunteers about responsibilities.
- Creates a “fun” atmosphere that volunteers desire to be a part of.
- Ensures volunteers are continually connected to ministries where they serve.
- Ensures proper shepherding and care for all volunteers.
- Defines wins for each team.
- Raises up leaders for each team.
- Provides training for each team.
- Work with Executive Pastoral team to shape the culture, curriculum and structure of Student Ministry across multiple campuses.
- Develop internship program to raise and release leaders into ministry.
If you feel God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume and cover letter to our Executive Pastor, Carey Sumner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.