SUMMARY: The Director of Jr. High Ministries will lead and oversee the ministries to students in grades 6 through 8, and support parents of students in the area of spiritual growth and development.
REPORTS TO: Campus Pastor
STATUS: Full-time Employee
SUPERVISORY ROLE: Yes
QUALIFICATIONS: This person must be spiritually mature, teachable, trustworthy, humble to follow and able to lead. This individual must have passion, experience and proven competencies in working with youth. A bachelor’s or master’s degree
in bible or theological studies is required.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Oversee Jr. High Ministries of Harvest Bible Chapel
- Organize, manage and cast vision for Jr. High Ministries
- Oversee West Campus Student Ministries – Jr. High & High School
- Prepare and teach messages for Wednesday night Jr. High Ministry and Sunday evening West Campus Student Ministries
- Develop a weekend ministry for Jr. High students during services
- Identify, recruit, develop and lead a team of committed adult leaders
- Engage and encourage the families of Jr. High students
- Manage the Jr. High Ministries budget and assist with the development and management of the Student Ministries budget
- Plan and lead ministry socials, special events, camps, and retreats
- Collaborate with Outreach Ministries to plan and execute regular student outreach opportunities
- Follow up with new and uninvolved students and their parents
- Regularly communicate with students and parents using email, websites, blogs, text messages and social networks
IN GENERAL: This person will do what is needed to assist the Senior Pastor in fulfilling the mission and initiatives of Harvest Bible Chapel – Davenport.
TO APPLY: Please visit the Employment Opportunities page on our website: