Position Title | Children’s Ministry Pastor
Reporting | Reports to Lead Pastor
Classification | Full Time Exempt
The Children’s Ministry Pastor serves the church by overseeing the entire Children’s ministry at MMCC. The purpose of this position is to lead children and parents to love God by living out the teachings of Jesus and love others with no strings attached, by developing and implementing a ministry that targets children (through 5th grade) and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train and invest in volunteers who will implement Sunday morning environments for all children (infants - 5th grade)
- Work in conjunction with Administrator/Office Manager to run background checks on all volunteers
- Oversee all Sunday morning environments for children, including nursery, toddlers and the alley
- Oversee Sunday morning Check-in procedures for families
- Continually develop, plan and implement connecting strategy and ministry to families of children through 5th grade
- Plan and lead week-long gathering (approved by the Lead Pastor) of children during the summer months (June 1 - Aug 1)
- Plan and lead yearly fall festival type event
- Participate in weekly Ministry Team meetings
- General Pastoral roles, such as officiating weddings, hospital visitation, etc.
- Develop and administer an annual ministry budget for the Children’s Ministry and work cooperatively with the Board of Servant Leaders for ministry program funding and purchase of equipment and supplies as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- Two words: PASSION and FUN. This person must also have a sense of humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
- People Person - this person must naturally be drawn to and be able to relate to both children and adults
- Emotional and relational intelligence, teachable and humble
- Loyalty and dedication to the McDowell Mountain mission, values and leadership
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior
- Effective communicator in verbal and written communication
- Collaborative team leader who naturally motivates and encourages others
Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor and/or Leadership Team.
Job descriptions at MMCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position.
Tuesday - Friday; Sundays
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
McDowell Mountain Community Church
McDowell Mountain Community Church (MMCCaz) is a non-denominational, inter-generational community of people who are on a journey of faith together. We are an imperfect people who are striving to join with God on His mission of love in the world today. We know Jesus wasn’t thinking of a building or religious institution when He first launched the church a couple thousand years ago. We believe Jesus was thinking of a movement, a community of people bringing hope and peace and grace and love to a world in need of hope and peace More...