Bridgeway Community Church is a loving and growing church family with an active faith in Jesus Christ. We exist to glorify God by cultivating lifestyles that are Everyday Commandment and Everyday Commission healthy (EC2). We are seeking a full-time Pastor
of Worship and Youth to join our staff.
1. Be a man of mature Christ-like character whose life reflects the
characteristics of I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
2. Subscribe to the Statement, Strategy, and Structures of Bridgeway Community Church. See website.
3. A man who can make the necessary Ministry Posture Adjustments (M.P.A.) required to mesh with the Bridgeway family.
4. This position requires a combination of technical, relational, and communicative skills.
5. Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, Biblical studies,
music or related ministry field of study. A graduate degree is a plus.
1. Give oversight to the development and implementation of the worship of the church including: Sunday worship development, baptisms, communion, lighting, sound, and multimedia.
2. Cast vision, recruit, lead, teach, encourage, train, and administer all elements of the worship ministry.
3. Provide oversight to the worship life throughout the church communities: Children, Student, and Adult.
4. Ongoing development and oversight of the worship team (s) so as to develop their ability to lead effective worship.
1. Implement a philosophy of ministry that maintains a balance of outreach (win the lost), growth (build believers), and equipping (equip workers) with the goal of making disciples.
2. Recruit and work in pastoral relationship with adult volunteers.
3. Build relationships with students by spending extended time with students on their turf.
4. Teach the Bible creatively and compellingly in a way that promotes Christ-likeness.
5. Assist in planning and conducting student events (i.e. retreats, camps, short-term missions’ trips, outings, service projects, etc.)
6. Involve students in the disciplines of worship, the Word, prayer, fellowship, and outreach.
7. Evaluate youth ministry regularly to identify strengths/weakness in the ministry and make adjustments as needed.
8. Provide regular training for the adult volunteer workers.
9. Communicates to parents regarding youth ministry programs and events.
1. Participates as a team member with a highly supportive staff.
2. Works with the lead pastor to plan the corporate worship of the church.
3. Other pastoral duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
Skills and Abilities
1. Experienced guitar and/or keyboard player and vocally proficient.
2. Current on software and technology.
3. Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
4. Able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
5. Willingness to participate in professional enrichment.
- A competitive salary and benefit package.
Send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com