We are currently seeking a Director of Youth Ministry to manage and expand our ministry to the middle and high school students of our church and community.
Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church is a large, progressive church with an average weekly attendance of around 1500 people. Our congregation is primarily African American and located within an urban context that is rapidly growing in its diversity. We are seeking a student minister with a passion to see youth introduced to and flourish in a loving relationship with Jesus Christ. This person will be responsible for implementing the vision of the church, giving direction, and equipping a team to minister to our students. Good Hope is committed to meeting the needs of youth in every capacity and endeavoring to promote biblical prosperity. Our desire is to continue to see it become a place where teenagers come to Love God, Love People, and Serve Others.
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church
3015 N. MacGregor Way
Houston, TX 77004
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Weekly Staff Meetings, Church Business and Budget Meetings.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels within Good Hope and its affiliates. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of ministry is to love God, love people, and serve others in order to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Be a supportive member of the church.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Communicate and work closely with parents in the discipleship of their youth.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Coordinate small group curriculum for youth (grades 6-12).
- Work in partnership with the Director of Missions to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must have an unwavering and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Must have a reputation that models and promotes the Christian faith.
- Must embrace evangelical doctrine.
- Must have a clear calling to youth ministry and a passion to serve students, not just a desire for a career in ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Graduate study is preferred.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry in alignment with the mission and vision of the church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, parents of youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
student ministry pastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24