We’re Looking for a Leader
We’re looking for a humble leader with a shepherd’s heart, who has a passion to help a large, rapidly growing church consistently deliver outstanding environments so our children are educated to become fully surrendered followers of Jesus Christ. As our Children’s Ministry Director, you will lead and oversee the spiritual education and development of our children. You will recruit, train and organize our children’s ministry volunteers, and ensure that our children’s ministries are functioning with excellence, fulfilling our God-given vision and mission.
Why A Leader?
Our church is growing quickly. We want someone who can lead and serve people with excellence and humility. You must be able to lead the way in the recruitment, organization and training of our volunteers and teachers as you model humble, strong leadership that takes our children’s ministries to their next level of growth and impact.
Your Potential Impact
We take our children’s ministries seriously because we love and prioritize our children! As the leader of our children’s ministries, you will have a powerful and direct role helping develop young lives while you influence entire families for Christ. We are intentionally building a humble culture that exalts God and facilitates large-scale surrender. You have the potential to be our champion toward this end with our children. You will be a key influencer in helping us create environments where God moves among our children and families consistently, with as little hindrance as possible.
God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Over 230 people accepted Christ through our ministries last year alone, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. We need a proven leader who will help take our children’s ministries to their next stage of development.
You will be the champion of our children’s ministries, overseeing the spiritual development of children between birth and sixth grade. As our Children’s Ministry Director, you will lead the way in screening, recruiting, training and leading our children’s ministry volunteers and teachers so they are perpetually surrendering to God. You will help ensure they are excellent role-models for our children and families. You will research, provide and perhaps even create excellent spiritual/educational curriculum for our children. We welcome creativity in the educational process as you ensure that content is thoroughly biblical, in line with our Vision, Mission and Culture, and that delivery is exciting for young minds and hearts.
You will work in one-on-one and group settings. You will be responsible for leading, training and organizing a growing team of approximately 300 adult volunteers so that they engage our children with surrendered excellence, encouraging them to be sold out to Jesus Christ.
Whereas managers maintain systems and teams, leaders inspire, train and grow teams and organizations. We need a proven leader who will lead our Children’s Ministries.
People must respect you, follow you, learn from you and replicate you and your walk with Jesus Christ. They must see you as a spiritual champion of children, with a heart for God and people. Our ministry leaders need to know how to prevent conflict through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways, should it arise. You will develop and lead people by developing and overseeing curriculum, people and processes so that our children soar in their walks with God.
You must have solid experience educating and leading children with a shepherding paradigm. You must have solid experience screening, recruiting and training volunteers, and in leading teams. You must have solid experience providing resources, education and training so our volunteers and teachers succeed with excellence. You must love God and people, and have a history of demonstrating this consistently. . The ideal candidate will be characterized by humility while possessing a clear calling, passion and gifting to work with children.
You will work under the direct supervision of our Family Ministries Pastor, whose heart is fully aligned with our Lead Pastor, who joined us in December of 2012. Both of these men have a passion to see children and families live for Christ like never before. You must share this passion.
We want a leader who would be excited to live in York, Pennsylvania, and enjoy life with our incredible staff and leaders. The right person will be excited about joining our team, and being part of a true work of God that is underway here at Grace Fellowship.
- Born again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
- We are looking for a man or woman to fill this role, with the character qualifications found in 1 Tim. 3:1- 7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. You must also agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement and be excited about our culture, as expressed in our document “The Culture of Grace.”
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if applicable), and a clear calling, passion and experience leading children in ministry and developing teams that share the same.
- You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, prioritizing your own health so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a marathon runner.
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes designed to spiritually equip children.
Education, Ministry Experience and Qualifications
- Genuine humility, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduation from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. If without a degree, we will consider commensurate experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years proven success in leadership of children in a middle to large size church (at least 500 in attendance), with proven ability to screen, recruit, train and motivate peers and volunteers.
- Experience casting and implementing vision in a middle to large size church. You must have experience in strategic planning, event planning, screening, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and handling logistics.
- Experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate and procure curriculum, equipment, resources and needs annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and work within a budget.
- A strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Pastor of Family Ministries and other ministry peers and leaders.
- Success in helping a ministry to children function with excellence, helping children excel in their knowledge of Scripture and surrender to Jesus Christ.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensure that our children’s ministries succeed in wonderfully leading children and families to saving faith in Jesus Christ, and deep, abiding faith in Him. Evangelism and discipleship are not merely important to us – they are imperative to the success of our children’s ministries.
- Develop annual strategies and teaching plans for the children’s ministries. Plan and oversee weekly children’s events and services, develop programs and opportunities for ministry to families, evaluate and implement curriculum programs.
- Coordinate special services and events, and train, educate and develop teachers and volunteers for our children’s ministries.
- Ensure families, children, teachers and volunteers are successfully counseled and prayed with and for as needed, to ensure the optimum spiritual health of children and families.
- Screen and recruit volunteers and staff to ensure we have the right people doing the right things in the right ways, so that our children’s ministries flourish.
- Enthusiastically implement administrative procedures and policies. Develop, post and enforce ministry policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement all CE ministry programs and curriculum, to successfully advance our Vision, Doctrine and Culture. Supervise and lead the instructional program of the Christian Education Ministry so our objectives are fulfilled.
- Ensure that attendance records and contact lists of volunteers, children, workers and teachers are maintained, and that information is accurately and consistenly transferred to our electronic tracking system (CCB). Ensure that families, children, volunteers, and teachers are nurtured so that attendance continues to grow.
- Ensure classrooms are properly equipped and safe for children, families and teachers.
- We want you and your family to be enthusiastic Partners at Grace Fellowship.
Your Next Steps
- Send a photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable), resume, and a cover letter explaining why you have interest in this position with us.
- Include at least three (3) references from people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience and impact as a leader in the areas and duties detailed in this Job Description.
- Send your information in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to pray about joining us. We are praying for God’s man or woman to join God’s movement among us. If we believe you may the person, you will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Our Vision is simple: help people around the world love and pursue God deeply, beginning right here, in York, Pennsylvania. We envision ourselves being a group of people who have local, national and global impact for the glory of God. We simply want to love and serve Him and one another in ways that really matter in light of eternity. Part of our vision is to be the smallest large church you've ever been part of. This means that we place a high priority on the quality of relationships we have with one another. People matter to God. People matte More...