This is a full-time senior member of the pastoral staff who oversees the BELONG ministries of Browncroft. The BELONG ministries encourage people to experience life-change through Christ in community with one another, which is an essential
component of Browncroft's disciple-making process. The responsibilities for this position are focused in three main areas: Discipleship, Community groups, and Adult education.
Description: This is a full-time senior member of the pastoral staff who oversees the BELONG ministries of Browncroft.
The BELONG ministries encourage people to experience life-change through Christ in community with one another, which is an essential component of Browncroft’s disciple-making process.
· A lifestyle that provides evidence of personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Agreement with the Mission, Vision, Values, Beliefs and Discipleship Process of Browncroft.
· A Masters-level seminary degree required.
· At least four years’ experience in church leadership.
· Demonstrated experience leading Community Group ministries.
· Teaching experience preferred.
· Good relationship and motivational skills.
· Developed leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills.
· Oversee all BELONG ministries which currently include community groups, fellowships, affinity groups (Celebrate Recovery, Financial Peace University. Etc.), men’s and
women’s ministries, and equipping ministries (Discipleship U., Route 365, sermon guides, membership, library, etc.).
· Develop and implement strategies to ensure maximum participation of the congregation in the BELONG ministries.
· Ensure that all BELONG ministries are properly aligned and integrated with Browncroft’s discipleship process: BEGIN+BELONG+SERVE.
· Recruit and develop needed lay leaders and ministry workers to support a growing ministry.
Provide ongoing training, as needed.
· Oversee and mentor assigned staff members.
· Develop and maintain budgets for the various BELONG ministries.
· Remain current on trends and best practices in the area of developing life-changing Christian communities.
· Develop processes and systems to ensure congregational accountability, consistency, and spiritual health.
· Facilitate a sense of belonging among the multiple generations within the church.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and other cross-functional teams as needed.
Current Positions and Teams Reporting to the BELONG Director
Community Group Team
This position reports to the Executive Pastor