Children’s Ministries Director
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to the children’s ministries at the Christian Life Center. The Children’s Ministries Director will also be responsible for KidZone, Nursery to 6th grade, Vacation Bible School, and Childcare. Work will get done predominantly through the recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing of volunteers. Leadership and decision making is typically done in a collaborative, team-bases culture throughout the Christian Life Center.
Competencies & Expectations:
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of the Christian Life Center.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Competency and experience in areas of leadership, strategy, project management, organizational structure as well as strong relational abilities.
- Organized, reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, excellent at following through on details and able to coordinate multiple activities.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisor, coworkers and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Continue pursuit of spiritual, personal and professional growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries team:
- Provide strategic leadership and planning initiatives for Children’s Ministries.
- Develop processes necessary for effective Children’s Ministries operations (e.g.: registration, training).
- Responsible for Children’s Ministries budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee and implement all programming for Children’s Ministries.
- Selection and implementation of curriculum that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth (primarily for KidZone, Nursery to 6th grade).
- Manage, nurture, and set direction for Children’s Ministries volunteers
- Successfully recruit, train, supervise, and motivate volunteers.
- Develop communication plan to keep volunteers informed and involved.
- Provide pastoral care and encouragement to Children’s Ministries volunteers.
- Develop a strategy for reaching and assimilating children and families.
- Develop communication plan to keep parents informed and involved.
- Coordinate family events for Children’s Ministries parents and families.
- Lead and/or coordinate Parent Education Nights, assisting parents in their calling to train up their children in the way they should go.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other ministries within the CLC.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for Children’s Ministries in compliance with accepted practices.
- Direct Vacation Bible School.
- Direct childcare needs for church events and classes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Relevant experience in children’s ministry, child development or elementary education required.
- Reports administratively to Executive Director.
- Aligns theologically with Senior Pastor.
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministries volunteers.
- Works collaboratively with all areas of ministries within the Christian Life Center.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your information to Dick White at Richard.White@Herrs.com. If you have any questions please call at 610-869-2140 or email your question to Richard.White@Herrs.com.
Rev. Date. 17 Jan 2014
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryNewsong Los Angeles Covenant Church
- Culver City, California
- December 7
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6
Christian Life Center
Many years ago a few pioneers had a vision of planting a church in New London, their dream was to penetrate a new frontier with the Good News of Jesus Christ. they were Presbyterian which meant, among other things, that they were resilient, determined and creative. In 1726, the New London Presbyterian Church formed. In 1744, the first church building was etected and in 1844 the current building on Route 896 was constructed. In the tradition of it's founders, the leaders of the church again reached out. Attendance growth necessitated meeting More...