***TO APPLY, SEND RESUME & 60 SECOND VIDEO COVER LETTER TO
The Campus Pastor has primary responsibility for the preparation and presentation of one or more physical locations of Newbreak as the place to draw people into life changing relationship with Jesus Christ, while building an authentic community of His followers
actively involved in service to Him. The Campus Pastor will serve as part of the Pastoral team. Candidate must be from or very familiar with Southern California culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Campus Pastor at the multi-site church on the weekend.
- Provides a consistent presence to those attending weekend services that enhances the possibility of connecting people in the body.
- Provide Pastoral care at the multi-site.
- Reaches out to those in the campus community to facilitate and encourage spiritual growth.
- Provides care for the facility, its workers and volunteers in ministry.
- Manages the lateral communication process between the functional areas of Creative Arts, Kid’s Ministry, Life Groups, Connections, Outreach and Business as it affects his campus.
- Integrates and evaluates standards of excellence in campus programming.
- Facilitates follow up with guests each week.
- Lead weekly or biweekly campus staff meetings to keep cohesiveness among the various campus ministries and campus ministries leaders.
- Work with catalyst ministry leads to recruit, train and mobilize ministry teams on campus.
- Review global church marketing to make sure assigned campus is represented.
- Communicate regularly with campus attendees through email, video updates and “in person” announcements to keep the campus well informed.
- Champion Outreach events.
- Assess campus DNA to ensure quality and consistency.
- Work with staff and volunteers to create connectivity opportunities for attendees outside the weekend services.
- Model and lead a posture of dependence on the Lord to be successful in the growth of the campus.
- Work with Sermon Team to develop engaging and spiritually significant weekend messages whether live teaching or video venue.
- Develop and train others to lead and serve in ministry.
- Communicate and model vision of Newbreak with the staff and attendees of assigned campus.
- Interact with community to develop and grow the church.
- Meet regularly with many from church to council, encourage and develop.
- Lead or co-lead a 101 Life Group and stay on top of how other Life Groups are doing within the church.
- Help solve problems that may arise within a weekend service so we can stay effective.
- Work with other Campus Pastors to continue to grow all ministries at all venues within Newbreak.
- Handle any special projects needed by Leadership of Newbreak.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Executive Pastor or coach to review campus needs and leadership and to vision cast for future growth and ministries.
- Needs to be a pied piper personality who can lead, inspire and mobilize people into ministry and wholeness in Christ.
- Acts as a catalyst for new initiatives in support of Newbreak’s vision.
- Acts as Newbreak’s liaison to the larger community in which the campus is located. This includes local government, schools and community organizations.
- Ability to take the initiative in researching, proposing and championing new and better ways of communicating messages and brand value.