The Crossing Church
Director of Children’s Ministry
- To plan, coordinate and put into practice programs to educate and disciple children, (infant through 6th grade) and their families at The Crossing Church.
- To reach out into the community around our church with the good news of Christ’s empowering love for all.
- To find out the needs of children, and their families (within our congregation and beyond),
- and respond to those needs.
- To nurture faith formation and spiritual development with passion, personal involvement and leadership.
Qualifications: Since the God given purpose of the Director of Children’s Ministry position, like all ministry positions, is to prepare and lovingly guide others in works of service for the Lord, his/her selection must not be based solely on the basis of
performance or professional credentials. Rather, we acknowledge the following criteria for the selection of the Director of Children’s Ministry Leader:
- A love for the Lord and the display of a consistent godly walk.
- A specific commitment to the TCC body and co-leaders.
- Gifts, abilities or credentials that qualify him/her for this area of ministry.
- Reliable, punctual and organized.
- Enthusiastic about evangelism.
- Leadership and experience working with youth and family programs.
- Ability to nurture children.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing and recruiting a team in a volunteer organization.
- Ability to communicate and develop relational interaction with youth and adults.
- Mature in faith and in life, young at heart and fun in spirit.
- A work ethic that creates a positive impact on the program.
- Patience and the ability to celebrate the uniqueness of each person.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will fill a position of delegated leadership and must serve as a role model for others. Therefore, spiritual qualifications are of the utmost importance.
Accountability: The elders will be responsible for the overall watch and care of the Director of Children’s Ministry with specific accountability to the Senior Pastor. They are responsible for his/her selection and dismissal, if necessary.
Responsibilities: The specific roles and job description for the Director of Children’s Ministry has been determined by the elders in conjunction with the Senior Pastor. The present responsibilities of the as determined by the elders include:
- Develop and Plan a program that will provide a safe, creative, fun and relational environment that is biblically based which will capture the imagination of children and lead them to knowledge of the wonder and love of God and worship of Him.
- Reach out into the community to connect to networks of young parents who are looking for a church community to provide faith formation to their children.
- Train, direct and develop a core of volunteers for all facets of children ministry.
- Partner with other area churches and church ministries to build and broaden kingdom impact among children and their families.
- Regularly communicate with families regarding children's education at TCC.
- Work with the Youth Leader to ensure continuity of programs and curriculum.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Senior Pastor and staff.
- Create and manage annual department budget
Position will be a part time salaried position. Compensation ranges in the mid-$20K based on experience and qualifications. Only US residents need apply