About Spring Hills
Spring Hills Community Church is a rapidly growing non-denominational church created as a community of faith to serve Sonoma County in California. The church began it’s journey in 1992, when Pastor Bret Avlakeotes and his family left Dallas, Texas, where he attended seminary, to start a new church plant in his childhood home area. In 2005, God provided an incredible opportunity to purchase a beautiful 40-acre vineyard and facility. This new home now serves over 1500 attendees at our four weekend services.
Spring Hills seeks to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with Sonoma County. This vision includes maintaining a God-centered atmosphere where the hurt and lost can find healing, love, hope, encouragement, and forgiveness. The church also aims to equip believers for ministry through developing their spiritual gifts. Spring Hills is searching for a Worship Pastor that will serve on a team to carry out this vision.
Spring Hills is located in Santa Rosa, California that is approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco in the heart of Sonoma County. This area is full of incredibly beautiful, rolling vineyards. Northern California has no shortage of activities with the Pacific Ocean just 45 minutes West, San Francisco to the South, Yosemite National Park a few hours east, and Lake Tahoe a few hours north. With the incredible California weather, Santa Rosa is perfect for biking, hiking, canoeing, golfing, and more, which makes it a great place to raise a family.
To find out more about us please visit www.springhills.org
To continually create vision and provide leadership for a ministry to the middle school and high school students that will challenge young people in such a way that unbelievers come to Christ and Christians are built up in their faith
Job Description and Duties
- Continually study the scriptures and culture to have wisdom in reaching this generation for Christ
- Develop a strategic discipleship plan that will meet the needs of growing Christian students
- Provide serving opportunities for young people to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world
- Provide engaging, relevant, and biblically sound messages from to enrich the lives of those who listen.
- Recruit, Interview, Train and Encourage the Volunteers of Spring Hills Student Ministries
- Communicate to parents on a regular basis
- Provide opportunities for parents to develop and connect
- Be willing to support and help other ministries if needed
- Formulate a Student Ministry budget in consultation with appropriate staff members
- Share general pastoral duties at the church and any other task assigned
- Must have a personal relationship and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith
- Must practice spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, worship, and giving
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent.
- Experience in leading a vibrant student ministry
- Able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Spring Hills Community Church
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- Ability to lead this vibrant student ministry to a higher level of effectiveness
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Spring Hills Community Church
Our Vision - What we seek to accomplish To share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the residents of Sonoma County. To build a church where the hurting, confused and lost can find love, hope, forgiveness and encouragement. To grow a community of members that love, learn, laugh and live in unity. To develop people to spiritual maturity through Bible study, home groups, worship, outreach and special events. To equip believers for significant ministry through using their spiritual gifts and talents. To have facilities designed to minister to th More...