Reports to: Senior Director of Connecting Ministries
Directly Supervises: N/A
The Director of Communications will direct and implement activities designed to enhance communication between St. James, its members, and visitors, as well as to expand the visibility of and participation in the community at all levels. The director will be responsible to recruit and lead teams of volunteers to assist in accomplishing ministry objectives. These efforts will be in line to support the mission of the church “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
- Manages internal communication strategies to maintain global, church-wide perspective.
- Assists in the development & execution of communication strategy for global ministry initiatives.
- Creates marketing & promotional materials and develops content, generated from staff via the Communications Request form, for both print & electronic mediums.
- Develops and manages relationships with volunteers and appropriate outside vendors for printing and distribution of print and electronic media. Ensures that production schedules remain on-time.
- Coordinates and manages historical archive of image management (photo and video).
- Coordinates and manages coverage of all campus events, including pre- and post-event marketing and communication.
- Assists in the design & maintenance of internal communication mediums as assigned, including: weekly bulletin (The Link), social media posts, announcement slides, event registration, etc.
- Works with Senior Director of Connecting Ministries and ministry department leaders to determine event promotion strategies, budgets and manages expenses.
- Manages relationships with volunteers (photographers and videographers) in order to provide still and moving image content for St. James’ publications, web site and informational videos.
- Designs and launches weekly church-wide email newsletter (eNews).
- Oversees St. James website. Solicits and generates copy for site and implements its posting online. Maintains all pages within the site, ensuring information is accurate and “fresh”.
- Recommends and implements new tools/services for two-way communication with members and community.
- Creates & delivers press releases, media relations content & social media content.
- Assists in the development of captivating story ideas for use in internal mediums.
- Assists in the production of “Around SJ” video announcements – script writing, recording, editing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Connecting Ministries.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Three to five years work experience in marketing communications required, primarily in design, layout & content management.
- Project management experience, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; flexibility, ability, and tact to work with a variety of situations and people (including volunteers) to accomplish tasks.
- Proficient in design software (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Able to provide portfolio of recent previous work.
- Proficient in common office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing materials for print and web-based communications vehicles.
- Proficient in social media and online database software (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, CMS).
- Working knowledge of basic video production (story telling, audio/video, lighting techniques, editing software, etc.), or willing to learn.
- A familiarity with St. James and experience working in the church setting is highly desired.
Physical requirements include prolonged sitting and prolonged viewing of computer monitor.
- Work independently
- Team builder
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18