Working under the supervision of the Head of Administration, the bookkeeper is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the financial records (general ledger). This position is full-time (40 hours per week).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES;
- Full cycle Accounts Payable and Account Receivable responsibilities
- Interacting with staff and vendors; processing invoices; expense coding; and data entry.
- Performs bank deposits
- Process credit card transaction
- Process checks.
- Enter contributions in financial management systems.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices prior to payment
- Performs bank reconciliations of all accounts.
- General Ledger Reconciliations and Journal Entries
- Processes cash disbursements and assists in cash management.
- Assists with preparing annual audit schedules.
- Gather all necessary financial reporting to federal, city and state agencies, as needed.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Prepare and distribute management reports
- Month end close procedures
- Report quarterly payroll taxes
• Process payroll
- Prepare individual donation letter monthly
- Prepare W2 and form 1099.
- Accounting degree (or an equivalent degree) with at least two years' accounting operations experience preferably with a nonprofit organization
- Good knowledge of standard accounting practices.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner
- Interest in community/non-profit organization is a plus.
- Software experience –MS Office
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and a commitment to high quality work.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- QuickBooks experience a MUST
- Advanced Excel experience a MUST