JOB TITLE: Element Church (EC) Middle School Pastor
STATUS: Full - Time
DEPARTMENT: Student Ministries
ACCOUNTABILITY: Student Pastor: Aaron Grijalva
The Middle School Pastor will serve as the leader of students in 6th through 8th grade at Element Church. While all ministries at Element Church will function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Middle School Pastor will work closely with the Lead Student Pastor to implement the vision in a manner relevant to and effective with the student population.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The effective Middle School Pastor will assist in creatively designing services to reach lost teenagers as well as build systems to address growth and make disciples. They will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
The Middle School Pastor is responsible for:
- Leading from the platform, but also place heavy emphasis on helping to develop current and future leaders for the ministry.
- Bring a level of creativity to Middle School services that are in line with our adult weekend experiences.
- Recruit and raise up students to be a volunteer force during weekend services for the church.
- Assist in developing a vision and plan for resourcing and improving the Middle School Ministry at Element Church.
- Work with Lead Student Pastor to further develop a Student Ministry Intern program.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have a proven track record or potential of working in a large-church setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new members. Proven experience in creative thinking and problem solving is strongly preferred. A successful work history in communication and leadership is a must.
The effective Middle School Pastor will show competency in many areas, but these stand out:
- They will excel in recruiting and leading leaders.
- They will communicate to both students and parents with authenticity, authority, passion and effectiveness.
- They will be reliable in the developing and the implementation of systems, strategies and structures.
- They will have experience in student ministries including 6th grade through college.
- They will work with senior leadership to implement vision and strategies that move the church toward a desired future.
- They will have a determined work ethic.
ELEMENT CHURCH EXPECTATIONS
Attend Element Church weekly, special meetings/conferences, staff-related events, and any other events requested by supervisor.
EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
Performance evaluations will be conducted after 90 days of your start date and will continue at least one time per year by your supervisor and/or the Human Resources Department.
Compensation will be evaluated annually. Periodic increases will be determined based on performance evaluation results.
Please use the link below to start the application process. Thanks you!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
In essential beliefs – We believe there should be unity. [Ephesians 4:4-6]
In non-essential beliefs – We believe there should be liberty. [Romans 14:1,4,12]
In all our beliefs – We believe that there must be love toward each other. [1 Corinthians 13:2]