The Senior Pastor is responsible for the spiritual welfare, overall program, growth and life of the church. It is expected that the pastor will employ the giftedness of the congregation in fulfilling the mission and strategic vision of Brookside Community
Church (BCC). Congregational involvement and commitment is very important to us as we seek to remain actively involved in serving each other and the community around us. The pastor will provide spiritual leadership in all areas of evangelism,
discipleship and equipping the congregation for service, incorporating congregational leadership and core values in all areas of ministry including preaching, counseling, discipleship and pastoral care. The Senior Pastor retains the responsibility for the
oversight and leadership of worship services and is expected to continue developing congregational leaders. Creating, communicating and coordinating the strategic vision will be a joint effort of the pastor, church membership and the BCC Board.
With a congregation size of 60 people BCC is located in the Brookside neighborhood on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis, Indiana and was originally planted by Northview Church. The church is located in an inner-city community in which it has served since
2007. Our congregation consists of people from a wide background of life experiences. We minister to each other despite differences of race, education, literacy, addiction, health and economic situation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Have experience with cross-cultural relationships in an inner-city setting – including both socio-economic and multi-ethnic expressions.
- Counseling experience in addictions and family training
- Seminary education would be helpful. Pastoral training/schooling and/or ordination are important.
- Must submit to a current Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Background Check
- The primary spiritual gifts needed for this position are: “Leadership” and “Shepherding”
- Important skill-sets for this position include: “Strategic Planning” and “Team Building”
A more detailed explanation of this position will be provided upon application.
To apply for this position please send a paper or electronic copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org