1. Teamwork & Supervision – Form (and continue existing) volunteer teams to create and sustain the contemporary worship services and lead those teams to foster a contemporary worship environment. Teams will overlap and collaborate. Teams include:
o Creative – Create and implement the physical environment and worship elements that inspire worship on an ongoing basis as the worship focus and topics change.
o Production – Oversee the execution of contemporary worship services, involving service flow, A/V, active worship elements, sound techs, etc.
o Musical – Lead musical worship and coordinate leaders for other services on occasion.
Coordinate with A/V technician for 10:30 worship services.
2. Relationships and Communication – Foster a spiritually and relationally healthy environment where everyone participating knows that they are vital parts of the ministry. Includes:
o Mentoring leaders and participants
o All-team gatherings when needed
o Regular schedules, newsletters and/or other forms of communication to all participants
3. Worship Service Planning and Implementation – In partnership with the creative, production and musical teams, plan and implement the overall direction and weekly execution of the 10:30 service that is inspiring to current worshipers and intriguing
to guests. Includes:
o Coordinate service flow (via Production Team)
o Introduce new music, video, and other worship elements regularly (via Music & Creative Teams
o Ensure ProPresenter and other technology are seamless and high quality (via Production Team
o Conduct music rehearsals when leading worship (via Music Teams)
4. Development and Growth – Pursue new avenues for the worship ministry to connect with church members, guests and unchurched people. Includes:
- Encourage innovation in volunteer teams through training, equipping and brainstorming
- Recruit new worship team members
- Organize special worship events to expand the church’s worship identity
5. General – Attend regularly scheduled meetings associated with this staff position, including staff and Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor meetings.
Works in close cooperation with the Associate Pastor and as a colleague and team member with other ministry staff members, support staff, 210 staff, and the Worship Council.