Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry; Senior Pastor; Staff Parish Relations Committee
Direct the formation of the School by crafting a relevant, Christian vision within the context of the mission set by Church leadership and in response to progress and innovation in early childhood development. Oversee and guide the daily operations of
the School. Provide organizational development, leadership and encouragement to the School’s staff. Promote a loving, nurturing and inclusive Christian community. Work with the Children’s Leadership Team and the Preschool Advisory Board in order to insure
that children entrusted to MUMC through this ministry will receive preparatory education in a loving, caring and positive Christian learning environment.
The core responsibilities of the position and the areas in which success will primarily be evaluated are:
- Craft a relevant vision for the Preschool, within the context of the mission set by Church leadership, educational advancements and competition within the community.
- Oversee and guide the day-to-day operations of the Preschool, creating a unified approach to delivering a Christian education, fulfilling the Preschool’s mission and vision.
- Assess and develop Preschool curriculum consistent with KY regulations, nationally established standards and criteria using Christian values as the foundation.
- Cultivate and ensure a Christian, loving, inclusive and safe environment for the children of the school.
- Cultivate an environment of growth with an emphasis on continuous learning by identifying the training and developmental needs of both paid and volunteer staff within the context of the Preschool’s vision.
- Develop and manage budgets to ensure the most effective use of financial resources to maintain daily operations of the Preschool and support the implementation of identified projects and initiatives.
- Create systems of communication that will facilitate an ongoing dialogue between the Preschool and Preschool families.
- Initiate opportunities for collaboration between Pastoral, Children’s Ministry and Preschool staff to ensure shared activities and events.
- Build relationships within the community and maintain a visible presence to promote an awareness of the Preschool and its mission.
- Plan and coordinate facility usage among church and Preschool staff.
- Make recommendations to Director of Children’s Ministry and Preschool Board for personnel staffing needs of the Preschool.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Baccalaureate degree required, preferred in either child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education.
- Proficient with personal computer and software, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- A willingness to learn and adhere to the policies, procedures, and theology of the UMC
- A willingness to obtain a Director’s credential in Early Childhood Education; Certificate in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- An obvious love of children and the necessary persona to build relationships with children
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated successful experience in Early Childhood Education as a director or classroom teacher.
Send résumés, including salary requirements to email@example.com. Résumé’s accepted until March 15, 2014.