The Executive Assistant is an integral part of the MMM team. The assistant must be detailed oriented and thrive in a high paced work environment with the ability to execute projects and on-demand tasks. The Executive Assistant supports the MMM Team in
the organization of all aspects of the Executive office to increase productivity, efficiency, and quality of work. The incumbent must be proficient in MAC Office.
Must have 5 or more years of bona-fide executive administrative experience at C-suite level, office management and project management required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison to the staff, congregants, board, visitors, associates, outside organizations and media in regards to all approved meeting requests, interviews, and questions.
- Finalize approved speaking engagement details
- Ensures all travel arrangements (flights, hotels, rental car, etc) are made in the most efficient and effective manner for Executive Member
- Maintains calendar and appointments including meetings, events, speaking engagements, and conferences.
- Provides supporting documentation for all meetings, speaking engagements, and appointments
- Develops and maintains volunteer teams to support ongoing office responsibilities and special projects..
- Supervises the volunteer teams and monitors progress. Ensures the completion of all volunteer projects to support MMM department needs.
- Provides guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Trains and instructs volunteer teams on duties and enterprise-wide policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Evaluates the executive volunteer team performance and make adjustments as necessary.
- Provides recommendations and proposed solutions to administrative issues and projects.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments on relevant tasks or projects..
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflict with discernment and humility.
- Relies on experience and judgment to support the MMM Team in the accomplishment of strategic goals.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the MMM Director.
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related area is preferred but not required.
- At least five years experience in progressively responsible position(s) supporting executives, including experience supporting C-level. Christian, non-profit organization experience, or military experience, is preferred.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Must have a servant’s heart and attitude with a teachable spirit.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess strong computer skills including typing/keyboarding, proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing software.
- Willingness to learn new technology or other skills (i.e. Wufoo, Google docs)
- Expert in making arrangements for travel and accommodations.
- Ability to verbalize issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Pleasant personality and proven ability to interact in a positive manner using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Self-motivated and flexible with demonstrated ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple tasks and use time effectively.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require
long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable
accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Employment at the Rock Church and Academy is “At-Will,” meaning either the Rock or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at anytime, for any reason, with or without advance notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation
information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.