New Life Community Church of Asheville, NC is a vibrant, growing fellowship prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our congregation as we move forward together to fulfill our mission of reaching people, loving God, growing together and serving others.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications…
- Graduate from a biblically conservative seminary. (A post graduate degree is preferred.)
- Believes the Bible in its original writings is the inerrant “Word of God”.
- Minimum of five years recent experience on a church staff in a significant leadership position which involves considerable preaching/teaching responsibilities.
- Fulfills the biblical qualifications of an elder, as described in I Timothy and Titus.
- Believes in and embraces elder rule and collaborative leadership.
- Is married and loves his family.
Plus, he will be a man who…
- Has the ability to cast a powerful vision and effectively lead the staff, elders and other leaders in carrying out the mission of New Life Community Church.
- Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to preach biblically-based messages that are relevant and life-transforming for both believers and non-believers. This person should have experience in researching, preparing and presenting messages
at an adult level on a sustained basis throughout the year, not merely as a fill in responsibility.
- Reaches out to and connects with people from all walks of life and makes them feel welcome to worship with our church family – wherever they may be in their relationship with God.
- Has a passion for reaching the lost and for continuing to develop both local and international outreach ministries.
- Believes in and embraces the need for personal evangelism and discipleship.
- Has experience with small group ministry – and the ability to connect with small group leaders and others who are potential teaching partners.
- Helps people achieve spiritual and emotional wholeness by supporting the vision for our Free Life Ministry… embracing the Freedom in Christ truths… and helping others realize and live out their identity in Christ.
- Makes himself available for hospital visits and crisis ministry with our family of faith and shares these responsibilities with the Elders and small group leaders.
In summary, we’re seeking a man who has a shepherd’s heart… is approachable… and loves God and His children deeply. He has passion and skill for engaging people who do not know the Lord… a heart for missions… and a love for the poor. He should be skilled
at communicating biblical principles on a regular basis that compel life application.
For more information about New Life Community Church, please check out our website at
http://www.newlifeofasheville.com/. Please submit resumes to email@example.com
**** IT WILL BE TO YOUR BENEFIT TO INCLUDE A LINK TO VIDEO(S) WHERE WE CAN VIEW YOU IN A PREACHING/TEACHING VENUE.