Parkway Fellowship Church
Kid’s Volunteer Shepherd
About Parkway Fellowship
Parkway Fellowship is a purpose driven church and has been on the list of the 100 Fasting Growing Churches in America for the last 3 years. We are church desigend for the unchurched. For more information check us out at
Overall Job Description: Lead in recruiting, coordinating, and training of volunteers for and during all weekend services and special events.
- Recruit and assimilate all new volunteers for the weekend services and special events.
- Identify potential volunteers through avenues such as membership class, new comer’s lunch or through regular attendees reports.
- Have potential volunteers complete all needed paperwork for Volunteer Assimilation
- Complete and review background screenings on all potential volunteers prior to the first time of service.
- Assign volunteers to a rotation team based off of commitment level, area of interest and skill set.
- E-mail new volunteers the correct training playbooks, instructions of rotation assignment, and name of coach
- Give all new volunteers the correct staffing assignment in Fellowship One
- Update Volunteer Rosters with the contact information for all new volunteers.
- Assist the Kid’s Pastor in recruiting and training volunteers for specific duties for or during the special event
Schedule, organize and facilitate all volunteer trainings and appreciation events
- Communicate with Curriculum and Programming Director on findings discovered from program evaluation system.
- Report to Kid’s Pastor how all evaluation findings are going to be covered and remedied in training.
- Communicate with Operations Director to make sure all weekend service training playbooks are up to date and in concordance with classroom procedures.
- Calendar out all Volunteer trainings for at the beginning on each year for the entire year.
- Organize all volunteer trainings (including childcare, food, communication to volunteers, and coordination of trainers).
Recruit, train and lead the coaching structure for weekend services
- Partner with Kid’s Pastor in developing and implementing coaching structure.
- Constantly be observing and talking to volunteers that fit the characteristics of a coach to join our coaching system
- Train all coaches on responsibilities of being a coach
- Check up on coaches on a weekly basis, and encourage, support, or trouble shoot any needed situations.
Participate in Kids’ Small Group as a Small Group Leader
- Assist with any other tasks outlined by the Kid’s Pastor in regard to Kid’s Small Groups.
Perform any other duties as required by the Kid’s Pastor of Parkway Fellowship
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the ministry and vision of the Kid’s Ministry of Parkway Fellowship.
- Flexibility to work overtime on weekends and weeknights periodically for special events/needs.
- Excellent people skills including verbal and written communication.
- Must be familiar with the following books: Think Orange by Reggie Joiner and Making Your Children’s Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid’s Week by Sue Miller
- Be an active member of Parkway Fellowship.
- Must align with the personnel manual of Parkway Fellowship.