Parkway Fellowship Church
Kid’s Volunteer Shepherd
About Parkway Fellowship
Parkway Fellowship is a purpose driven church and has been on the list of the 100 Fasting Growing Churches in America for the last 3 years. We are church desigend for the unchurched. For more information check us out at www.parkwayfellowship.com
Overall Job Description: Lead in recruiting, coordinating, and training of volunteers for and during all weekend services and special events.
- Recruit and assimilate all new volunteers for the weekend services and special events.
- Identify potential volunteers through avenues such as membership class, new comer’s lunch or through regular attendees reports.
- Have potential volunteers complete all needed paperwork for Volunteer Assimilation
- Complete and review background screenings on all potential volunteers prior to the first time of service.
- Assign volunteers to a rotation team based off of commitment level, area of interest and skill set.
- E-mail new volunteers the correct training playbooks, instructions of rotation assignment, and name of coach
- Give all new volunteers the correct staffing assignment in Fellowship One
- Update Volunteer Rosters with the contact information for all new volunteers.
- Assist the Kid’s Pastor in recruiting and training volunteers for specific duties for or during the special event
Schedule, organize and facilitate all volunteer trainings and appreciation events
- Communicate with Curriculum and Programming Director on findings discovered from program evaluation system.
- Report to Kid’s Pastor how all evaluation findings are going to be covered and remedied in training.
- Communicate with Operations Director to make sure all weekend service training playbooks are up to date and in concordance with classroom procedures.
- Calendar out all Volunteer trainings for at the beginning on each year for the entire year.
- Organize all volunteer trainings (including childcare, food, communication to volunteers, and coordination of trainers).
Recruit, train and lead the coaching structure for weekend services
- Partner with Kid’s Pastor in developing and implementing coaching structure.
- Constantly be observing and talking to volunteers that fit the characteristics of a coach to join our coaching system
- Train all coaches on responsibilities of being a coach
- Check up on coaches on a weekly basis, and encourage, support, or trouble shoot any needed situations.
Participate in Kids’ Small Group as a Small Group Leader
- Assist with any other tasks outlined by the Kid’s Pastor in regard to Kid’s Small Groups.
Perform any other duties as required by the Kid’s Pastor of Parkway Fellowship
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the ministry and vision of the Kid’s Ministry of Parkway Fellowship.
- Flexibility to work overtime on weekends and weeknights periodically for special events/needs.
- Excellent people skills including verbal and written communication.
- Must be familiar with the following books: Think Orange by Reggie Joiner and Making Your Children’s Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid’s Week by Sue Miller
- Be an active member of Parkway Fellowship.
- Must align with the personnel manual of Parkway Fellowship.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13
Children's Director/PastorPotential Church
- Cooper City, Florida
- January 13
Children's Minister/PastorNew Beginnings
- Longview, Texas
- January 13
Led by Pastor Mike McGown, Parkway Fellowship, a Purpose Driven church in Katy TX, is recognized for its innovation and rapid growth. Designed for the person who might not be used to attending church, The Park, one of the only Purpose Driven churches in the area, has quickly become one of the most popular West Houston churches for people new to their faith, to church, or to living in the Katy area. More...