WHO IS THE WOODS CHURCH?
The Woods Church is a community of ordinary people with diverse backgrounds. We're teachers, plumbers, CNC operators, assembly line workers, lawyers, sales people, unemployed, retirees, and stay-at-home moms. We're black, white, and everything in between.
Our community consists of students, young people, singles and families of all shapes and sizes. God has transformed our lives, so we gather together to demonstrate our love for God, love for people, and to serve our local and global communities.
At The Woods Church, our facilities and grounds matter. At this time, we are looking for a Facility & Maintenance Team Member that is passionate not only about physically caring for the facility and grounds at The Woods Church but is also
passionate building volunteer teams and creating a distraction free environment in and around the facility.
WHAT WILL I DO?
The primary responsibility for this role includes the care, maintenance and cleaning of the Warren campus (inside and out). Our facility and maintenance team members are also responsible for the creation of volunteer facility/grounds teams to
further enhance our ability to care for the Warren campus facility and grounds.
Specifically, we are looking for a facility and maintenance team member who will take on the following responsibilities:
- Maintain close communication with Church Administrator regarding room usage, and ensure that rooms are prepared for the next function.
- Develop a regular cleaning routine to ensure that all parts of the facility are kept clean in proportion to their usage. It is assumed that some tasks might be daily, others weekly or monthly, while still others only quarterly.
- Develop and follow a preventative maintenance program.
- Work with Church Administrator to determine which maintenance items will be:
- Manage all building maintenance/repair work to be completed by facility & maintenance team member, volunteer, or 3rd party vendor.
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies, tools, and equipment needed
- Perform standard maintenance tasks such as spackling, painting and simple repair work.
- Ensure that all parking lots/sidewalks are clear of ice and snow at both the church and school during the winter by managing 3rd party snow removal company.
- Maintain lawn and landscaping at both the church and school by managing 3rd party lawn care company.
- Perform regular maintenance on all church owned vehicles.
- Create a “white glove” team to care for the restrooms and other public areas during church events (Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings specifically).
- Recruit, train, and care for volunteers that assist with facility care.
- Recruit, train, and care for volunteers that assist with groundskeeping.
- Live a life that models a healthy walk with God for all volunteers.
- Disciple, where appropriate, volunteers that are looking for guidance in their faith.
Security & Building Access
- Open and lock building as needed for events.
- Secure the building each night.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON IF YOU ARE...
- Excited about the vision and mission at The Woods Church
- Someone who is passionate about our community and willing to serve in a church where we don't have everything figured out but we are following where God leads us
- A team player that would rather work on and with a team than be their own team
- Focused on people first, task second
- Highly relational and enjoy people
- Looking to have fun in a life giving ministry
- Focused not just on performing a task but *why* you are performing the task
- Self motivated
- Looking for a full time position
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF IF...
- You have an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (work/life experience may be substituted here)
- Have the ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Have general knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling and related tools.
- Have or would be willing to be trained in basic window repair.
- Hold and maintain a drivers license in the State of Michigan.
- Have some supervisory or leadership experience
- Will maintain proper and professional appearance according to The Woods Church guidelines.
- Are a selfstarter and able to work independently.
- Have excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or The Woods Church and its policies and procedures.
- Are able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
If you have the right stuff and you are interested in applying for this position then please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.