Hope Community Church, Shawano, Wisconsin
Job Title: Director of Kids and Family Ministries
Job Status: Full Time
Reports to: Lead Pastor
(Please do not respond through churchstaffing. Send all correspondence and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you want to be a significant part of a movement that longs to see transformed lives? Do you get excited about not just knowing about God but experiencing Him every week? Do you want to be a part of a team that is not satisfied with just doing church, but longs to be the church? Imagine a community of surrendered and transformed people who are completely impassioned with love for God their Father… a community who serves together, plays together, works together, and lives life together because they have been changed by His Spirit… a community who is so caught up with the living hope of Jesus that they empower the poor, strengthen the weak, and love the lost. Their world will be impacted because God has sent them. They are us. Their story is ours. Hope Community Church is a Converge Worldwide Church located in Shawano, Wisconsin (www.shawanochurch.org ). Shawano is known for the recreation around its beautiful lakes and rivers in Northeast Wisconsin, just 35 miles west of Green Bay. The Shawano area enjoys a service area of over 20,000 people within a 15-mile-radius of the city. For years people have traveled here from larger cities to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation. Hope Community Church has grown significantly in the last 7 years and now averages over 500 people during our Sunday morning service. We are a loving, welcoming church that continues to seek to become more outreach focused.
We are presently seeking a full-time Director of Kids and Family Ministries to join our ministry team.
Director of Children and Family Ministries shall provide leadership, direction, and administration in all phases of the ministry for birth through sixth grade children and their families. He/She will recruit, lead, train and oversee ministry staff and volunteers and will strategically develop the mission and culture of the children’s and family ministry to ensure it aligns with the overall vision and mission of Hope Community Church.
- Create and implement dynamic Sunday Kids Worship for 1st-4th graders.
- Lead, oversee, and administrate Sunday Preschool Ministry, age 4-Kindergarten.
- Oversee and direct Nursery Staff.
- Oversee and develop a new mid-week Family Ministry program.
- Manage people and processes well during seasons of change.
- Manage annual ministry budget.
- Recruit and train volunteers for overall Kids and Family Ministries.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures as necessary within the ministry area.
- Develop and implement projects on schedule, on budget and to meet project goals.
- Build relationships with children, parents and lay ministers.
- Participate in the facility development of a new kid’s ministry addition to our building.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Dynamic up-front teaching skills.
- Understand the role of teaching environments for staff, lay ministers and children.
- Strong understanding of theology and biblical teaching in an age-appropriate format.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Church Community Builder database system.
- Self-motivated; does not require external systems to prioritize.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity when unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Can take direction and feedback well, and has a great desire to learn.
- Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts.
- Values collaboration and prioritizes the success of the entire organization.
- Handles confidential information well, especially in difficult situations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong relational skills. Able to work with and relate to a variety of personalities.
- Excellent team leadership abilities. Able to build and lead a team with clear roles, vision and direction.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Completes work on time with quality results, and can manage multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Willing to make decisions and take calculated risks.
- Provide strong customer service skills for staff and community interaction.
- Proven organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
Education and Work Related Experience:
- Schooling and experience in regards to leading and directing a team.
- Schooling and experience in regards to Child Development, Christian Education, or related field.
- Teaching and Curriculum Development experience.
- Experience in volunteer recruiting and developing.
- New college graduates with work experience in a large church setting are encouraged to apply.
- Commitment to organization’s vision and values.
- Become a member of Hope Community Church.
- Seek to know, understand, support and fulfill the purpose, vision and values of Hope Community Church.
- Genuine, visible relationship with Jesus Christ.
Competitive salary package (30-40K) plus health and retirement benefits, generous paid vacation, and expense allowance. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Send resume and references to: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Pastor/Director of Children's MinistriesNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- October 27
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27