Crossroads Church is located 1 hour south of the Twin Cities in Albert Lea, MN. The vision of Crossroads is to have a regional impact by making disciples who worship, grow, and serve. This regional impact is based in Albert Lea, population 18,000 and extends through the county, population 30,000. Crossroads is known in the region for its dynamic worship, relevant preaching, young families, as well as community leadership, and welcoming nature.
Crossroads is 18 years old, has a Sunday morning attendance of 600 and is positioned for further growth at the intersection of two major interstates. We are preparing to birth a new church on the south side of town in September 2014 and have commissioned the current associate pastor of worship and young adults to serve as the senior pastor of this new church. It is our desire to have a new associate pastor of worship and young adults in place by mid-summer 2014. Our primary, non-negotiable need is an associate pastor of worship who can recruit and prepare musicians to lead God's people to worship in spirit and truth. Our style could be called "current-contemporary" with latitude for a broad range of sounds (electric to acoustic). Stage decoration, lighting, video, sound all play an important role and require a creative and competent leader of teams. With this in mind, we want to be very clear, we are NOT looking for a music director, we are looking for a pastor who is skilled to lead worship. Our secondary need is in the area of young adults but we are willing to negotiate alternative area of ministry emphasis or hourly emphasis based on the passion and skills of the applicant. The job description for worship and young adults is as follows:
Time Commitment: This is a full time salaried position, 45-50 hours per week, with the salary and benefits set by the Church Board. Approximately 50% of the hours will go to worship and 50% will go to young adults.
1. The Associate Pastor of Worship and Young Adults is called to his position by a vote of the membership and is accountable to the Senior Pastor or his designee. (For staff support and accountability the APWYA will meet weekly with the Senior Associate Pastor. For communication and collaboration in worship the APWYA will meet weekly with the Senior Pastor.)
2. The Associate Pastor of Worship and Young Adults is to maintain a collaborative and collegial working relationship with the Ministry Staff.
3. The Associate Pastor of Worship and Young Adults is responsible to supervise all worship and young adult ministries and associated staff and volunteers.
1. Serve as a pastor to the Church
a. Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church’s vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive
b. Serve as a member of the pastoral staff providing spiritual guidance to the congregation by participating in weddings, funerals, hospital visitation, teaching, and preaching as directed by the Senior Pastor.
c. Lead the congregation through modeling to participate in Sunday worship, to take the next step in discipleship and to cultivate a lifestyle of service.
d. Keep the congregation informed about Worship and Young Adult Ministries through the weekly program and webpage updates
2. Collaborate with the Staff
a. Participate in all staff gatherings and supervisory meetings
b. Coordinate all Worship and Young Adult activities with the Ministry Staff and Church Calendar
c. Develop ministry plans, determine initiatives, and set goals that are integrated with and advance the cause of the overall church
d. Monitor and give account for Worship and Young Adult Ministries’ budget, attendance, initiatives, and goals
3. Serve as the leader of Worship Ministries
a. Provide overall direction in the planning of congregational worship including approval of music selection, order of worship, seasonal and special services, and the coordination of elements such as communion, baptism, child dedication, and ministry highlights
b. Oversee and approve all technical and creative aspects of worship and special events that utilize the worship center including sound, audio/visual, lights, art, video presentations, drama, banners, and stage décor
c. Collaborate with the senior pastor and his preaching plan in order to provide the congregation with thematic worship experiences
d. Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers in order to carry out the initiatives and goals of Worship Ministries
e. Build teams and maintain regular team meetings for the purpose of personal development and spiritual growth
4. Serve as the leader of Young Adults Ministries
a. Give overall direction to young adult ministries including spiritual emphasis, social gatherings, and leadership development.
b. Recruit, train, and lead volunteers to carry out the initiatives and goals of Young Adults Ministries
c. Schedule and maintain regular team meetings with volunteers for the purpose of team development and spiritual growth
1. Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic life style consistent with that faith
2. Personal sense of calling to the position of associate pastor or worship and young adults
3. Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith
4. Education and experience consistent with or complimentary to the job description
5. Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in music, worhsip leading, collaborative leadership, teaching, strategic thinking and team building
1. Willingness to work hard and the discipline to rest, reflect, and renew.
2. Willingness to be accountable and transparent within the established organizational structure and to
delegate ministry responsibilities to qualified individuals in order to maximize ministry impact.
3. Ability to work well with other staff and volunteer team members in a collaborative environment
characterized by a loving, submissive and teachable attitude toward one another.
4. Theology and personal convictions compatible with the existing church leadership
5. Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development
6. Commitment to regular worship attendance and participation in church wide activities
7. Commitment to membership and participation in Crossroads Church with time, talent and treasure
Receiving resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org through the end of March 2014
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Worship LeaderCrosspointe Church
- Sanger, California
- January 20
Worship Pastor - 1768MinisterSearch
- Centennial, Colorado
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Director of Contemporary Worship -1723MinisterSearch
- Great Cincinnati Suburb, Ohio
- January 20
Crossroads is an Evangelical Free Church located one hour south of the Twin Cities in Albert Lea, MN, a city of 18,000 in a county of 30,000. The church was started 18 years ago and has an average attendance of 600 with great potential for growth at the intersection of two major interstates. Crossroads is known in the region for its dynamic worship, relevant preaching, young families, community leadership, and a welcoming nature. Having regional impact through the making of disciples who worship, grow, and serve is our visio More...