Our growing Children's Ministry staff is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to join and lead our children’s ministry team. The position will provide innovative leadership over the development and implementation of all
aspects of children’s ministry programming, serving children from birth through sixth grade, as well as their families. The main responsibilities are:
- Provide Leadership: The DCM will oversee all children's ministry programming, and supervise the children's ministry staff
- Equip families, leaders, and volunteers: The DCM will recruit, equip, and build teams of children's ministry leaders and volunteers
- Develop relationships: (1) Establish and oversee programming that encourages each child to choose to become a true disciple of Christ, (2) provide opportunities for children to develop relationships with other children, and children's ministry
leaders and staff
- A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a degree in a field related to children’s ministry
- A passion for discipling children and their families
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey
- Ability to lead a professional team with positive spirit that supports the mission and core values of Grace Community UMC
- Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of The United Methodist Church
Shreveport is a growing and thriving community that is located in northwest Louisiana and is the 3rd largest city in the state and the 108th largest city in America. Shreveport also is home to some of the top art museums, children's museums, colleges, and businesses
in America as well as having a thriving arts and entertainment community.
Shreveport is centrally located within 250 miles of Dallas Texas, Little Rock Arkansas, Jackson Mississippi, Houston Texas, and Baton Rouge Louisiana.
For more detailed information and to submit a résumé, please contact email email@example.com