Director of Communications
Reports to: Director of Administration
Position Type : Full-time, 40 hours a week on-site
Maintain church website and publish all other media important to the Church and Preschool in order to
ensure effective communication with the congregation and the public across all platforms. Must work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. Shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with pastors, staff and members of the congregation.
• Create, publish and manage various aspects of all print & electronic communications
• Oversee design, implementation, and maintenance of church websites, mobile applications, and
• Coordinate outside communication channels with local media and other organizations
• Create letterhead, envelopes, business cards, brochures and other print media for the church and
• Monitor, coordinate, and provide leadership for all social media including but not limited to Linked
In, Facebook, YouTube, & Twitter.
• Related degree in communications, marketing or business and/ or equivalent experience
• Strong creative ability to design, create and implement communication strategies
• Able to work independently and cooperatively efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Experience with hardware and software related to communications.
• Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• A strong Christian background and active faith life.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office equipment, copier, telephone & PC, digital camera, social media sites and mobile applications.
Physical demands: Walking, sitting, bending and driving
Typical Mental Demands: Must have a high stress tolerance. This position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to Darla Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the close of business on Friday, February 28, 2014. We thank you for your interest and will be prompt in responding to inquiries.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Mountain View Lutheran Church
Mountain View Lutheran Church exists to WELCOME people in faith in Jesus Christ, EQUIP persons with a faith that works in real life, and to SEND disciples out in service to the world in Jesus' name. More...