Paragon Christian Church, an independent fellowship of believers, is in search of a full-time minister to lead our church. We believe that Jesus is the Head of the Church and every Christian is part of His body. We also believe that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of the Living God and we are to be obedient to Jesus through Christian baptism.
The mission of our church is to share our faith in Jesus Christ to all and to help each other grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ so that we may know and do His will. The Holy Bible is our guidebook for life.
Paragon Christian Church’s weekly attendance average is 60 to 70 members and guests. Our traditional service format includes Sunday School classes beginning at 9:30 a.m. and the Sunday Worship Service immediately following.
The ideal candidate must be a baptized believer and wish to serve as a full-time minister at the church. The minister will have primary responsibilities for preaching and congregational engagement, including a spiritual presence with youth and adults (both
members and non-members) in Paragon and nearby communities.
Paragon Christian Church offers a competitive package, including salary commensurate with experience, vacation time, travel and cell phone expense reimbursement, and housing/parsonage with partially-paid utilities.
Interested candidates may send resumes and sermon videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The minister is requested to become a member of Paragon Christian Church.
- The minister shall preach the Word, as it is in the Bible, in kindness and in love and be governed by it in his walk of life.
- The minister is to perform heartfelt Biblical accurate call to Salvation at the end of every worship service. This call would offer those attending service to come forward and acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God and that any of those who accept Him
as their Savior who died for their sins would be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Our belief is that the baptism would occur at a time chosen at the discretion of the individual coming forward.
- The minister would request a self-testimony of each prospective member and transfer member before the congregation.
- The minister would provide approximately 50 worship services per year and administer communion and baptisms.
- The minister is to work with all ages of the congregation.
- The minister must desire to build strong relationships and be approachable to members and non-members of the church and community.
- The minister must maintain wise stewardship over personal finances.
- The minister is to have a spiritual presence in the community.
- The minister is to be accessible to the congregation 24/7, especially in the case of those that are sick or hurting, whether at home or in the hospital.
- The minister is to consider this position as his full-time, primary job.
- The minister must ensure that Bible teaching is the primary function of the church.
- The minister would be available in the church office or by phone for approximately 40 hours a week.
- The minister is to be computer and e-mail literate.
- The minister is to provide some oversight to Sunday School, Junior Church, and Youth Activities.
- The minister is expected to call on any member that has missed Sunday services for two consecutive weeks.
- The minister is expected to be active in board meetings and submit a summarized monthly report including sick/hospital visits, member visits, non-member visits, and other activity.
- The minister is to seek approval through a special meeting of the board of any special agenda needs not discussed at a regular board meeting.
- The minister is responsible for finding a substitute for vacations and other absences.
- Upon invitation, the minister may be requested to attend the elders and deacons meetings.
- The minister position shall be voted upon as any other office position. Acceptance would require two-thirds majority vote of the Church membership present at the vote.