Children’s Ministries Director
Calvary Bible Church, Bourbonnais, IL
The Children’s Ministries Director at Calvary Bible Church will design, implement, and oversee the vision and strategy to lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This position is full-time and reports to the Senior Pastor.
The position requires a strong Christian testimony and proven experience in children’s ministry. The candidate should know how to relate to and engage children in a fun and exciting manner, and be a self-starter with effective relational skills and the
ability to build/maintain a volunteer ministry. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, along with a spirit of perseverance, enthusiasm, creativity and a willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere. This person must be in agreement
with the Calvary Bible Church’s doctrinal statement.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday morning activities (Sunday School, Children’s Church and Early Childhood), AWANA, VBS, and special events.
- Create safe, creative and engaging environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Conduct annual training for all volunteers regarding abuse prevention.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for Children’s Ministries in cooperation with the church’s operational staff and Deacons.
- Be available to teachers and leaders on Sunday mornings and at other times for guidance, support and encouragement.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years commensurate experience in a volunteer or vocational leadership role.
- College degree in Education, Christian Education or Ministry areas. A degree will count towards two years of experience due to formal training involvement.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and statement of faith to Calvary Bible Church at firstname.lastname@example.org .