When applying please attach a video of you teaching or speaking. Also, we are looking for someone that has had at least 2 years experience.
Rockharbor Church is located in a suburb of Boise, Idaho called Meridian. It is the second largest city in the state, the fast growing city, and the largest school district. Meridian is an incredible place to live for many reasons. In fact, in many recent reports it is listed as a top 5 place to live, work, and raise a family.
Rockharbor is a little over 21/2 years old and we have experienced God-sized growth averaging 1400 people. We have an incredible group of Middle School Students and Leaders. At our weekly MSM meeting, we are averaging 85-90 students and 25 leaders. We are looking for a strong leader who can not only lead the students, but lead the Leaders and Parents.
The Middle School Director/Pastor will seek to change student and volunteer lives by partnering with the Rockharbor in leading and loving the Middle School Ministries (MSM) at Rockharbor church. Pointing towards Jesus, this includes setting, casting vision and direction for MSM, evaluating and upgrading all elements of MSM, and assisting in leading and empowering both the MSM leaders and volunteers, while partnering with parents through support and healthy communication.
Specific List of Areas and Responsibilities:
- 70% Middle School Ministry
- 30% Rockharbor Ministry (RH Team, Events, etc. You will be given an additional ministry task.)
- Facilitating weekly student environments for MSM students. Utilize curriculum and resources to create engaging and relevant teaching experiences for students and families.
- Assist in creating relevant environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, God honoring relationships, and encourage spiritual growth in MSM.
- Assist, plan and coordinate major Middle School Ministry events throughout the year, with some events occasionally combined with HSM.
- Design and nurture a healthy volunteer culture within Middle School Ministry, within the framework of Rockharbor students as a whole.
- Recruit and thoroughly train all MSM adult volunteers to serve on Sunday mornings, Mid-week meetings, summer events, special events, etc. while training volunteers to share in the recruitment process collectively as a team.
- Collaborate with the MSM team of volunteers in creating, planning and empowering the development, ownership and leadership in all aspects of Middle School Ministry and Rockharbor Students.
- Communicate consistently and completely with the MSM volunteer adult and student leaders.
- Regularly host team meetings and community building experiences for your MSM Adult Leaders.
- Teach and share vision with the MSM volunteers to “Love and Lead” the students.
- Be a leader of leaders. Allow, teach, and empower leaders to lead.
- Build and maintain relationships with students both churched and unchurched.
- Look for opportunities to befriend, hangout, and disciple in a relational way with students at church, sporting events, in the community, etc.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with parents including communication and resourcing.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church in serving, discipling, and using their gifts.
- Must be willing to learn, to grow, to be coached and developed in the areas of Student Ministry philosophy, leadership, structure and vision from the Rockharbor Pastoral Leadership.
- As a Rockharbor staff member we all facilitate other task that minister to the entire church.
- Spiritual gift mix of some or all of the following: Teaching, Leadership, administration, and passion for students, parents, and volunteers at Rockharbor.
- Can make list and prioritize task to get multiple task completed.
- Be an engaging communicator, and must have the ability to use pre- constructed curriculum and resources to be relevant, effective and excellent.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to function within a team structure while also work independently on ?individual tasks and projects requiring self-iniative and personal ownership.
- Able to work with other Rockharbor team staff members to coordinate and execute projects, being an “all-in” team player.
- Will be teachable, and will seek out coaching and learning for growth an development, always seeking to improve in humility and grace.
- Will foster an environment of creativity and excitement.
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment, and desires to have fun, be positive and be flexible.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorONEeighty church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20