Journey Church is a Hispanic evangelical church strategically located in Waukegan, Illinois. Approximately 120,000 people live within a 20 minute drive of the church. We are a church primarily of second generation Hispanics but with significant diversity.
We desire to be a Generous Life-Changing Community who reach out to our community, meeting people where they are, and helping them discover a relationship with Christ. Sunday attendance averages 200 (adults and children). We have a variety of ministries and
a heart for our community.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor who is a visionary, strategic leader who can build teams, equip, and motivate people to pursue the vision. A coach who leads by character, patiently building consensus behind leadership decisions. A problem solver
with experience in reengineering ministries for greater impact. A self-starter who seizes opportunities and tackles challenges to achieve God-given goals. Should be optimistic, inspiring, and encouraging. He will have strong communication skills (both in the
pulpit and inter-personally), a passion for developing new leaders, a heart for reaching the far from God, and the ability to motivate others to chase God with their lives. He should have experience in Hispanic, and bi-lingual ministry.
1. Leadership and Vision,
• Seek God’s word and God’s leading for Journey Church
• Discern and communicate vision, direction & strategy
• Lead, shepherd and develop the board of Elders, pastoral team and other support staff
• Inspire, influence and challenge the spiritual well-being of the congregation, so that they may glorify God in their public and private lives – both corporately and as individuals
2. Preach and Teach
• Communicate God’s word, speaking to people’s felt needs and real spiritual needs in language relevant to our church culture and community
• Sermons should be biblically accurate and emotionally inspiring, with a high emphasis on practical application leading to life transformation
3. Set an Example
• Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and for the work of His church
• Model a heart committed to reaching those far from God and making disciples
• Model a life that shows a consistency of spiritual growth
• The Senior Pastor shall meet the requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Embrace the Journey Church Statement of Faith and Mission: “To honor God and journey with Him in making authentic followers of Jesus through genuine relationships" As we do this we want to be real with ourselves, others and God.
• A degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College is preferred or at least a minimum of five years experience as a Senior Pastor or comparable role in a church of at least 100
• Experience in and/or a heart for reaching the Hispanic community
• Bilingual, multi-cultural
Contact Information Applicants should send their resume via email to email@example.com with the words JOURNEY SEARCH in the subject line. Applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS WEBSITE