This full time position will work under the direction of the Director of Technical Arts and alongside the Technical Arts staff to oversee and implement the requirements for the Chesterfield campus of The Crossing. This includes leading and developing volunteer
staff and overseeing and managing technical systems.
- Develop and lead large volunteer technical arts teams including lighting, audio, visual ops and stage design teams:
- Cast vision and minister to team members
- Provide training for team members
- Develop volunteer team leaders; train to coach and mentor others
- Recruit and assimilate new team members
- Plan team development events for training, fellowship, spiritual growth
- Encourage participation in other spiritual growth opportunities
- Direct and supervise all details associated with technical arts (lighting, sound, video/ visual ops, stage design) of the weekend service on (but not exclusively) the campus and special events/classes including:
- Call weekend worship services and events.
- Communicate with and direct team leaders to execute details of service or event as planned in programming meetings
- Communicate with staff as necessary
- Provide clear and open communication between campuses
- Provide printed details (service order) for every service or event
- Manage technical arts systems throughout the church campus (all venues, kids, and lobby areas) including:
- Work with staff to provide consultation and technical expertise for ongoing ministry needs and events
- Create and communicate guidelines for use of technical arts systems
- Provide ongoing consultation, training and support for volunteer leaders and operators of technical arts systems campus-wide
- Maintain excellent working condition and user-friendliness of systems
- Participate in Program Production meetings, Tech Arts Staff and related meetings
- Other staff duties as required by leadership
Experience Needed For This Position
5-8 years of experience in large church production or live/tour production.
Extensive knowledge and experience on digital audio consoles including Yamaha CL series consoles, Audinate Dante protocol and BSS DSP.
Ability to mix live audio of various musical styles.
Extensive knowledge and experience on lighting control systems and consoles and fixtures (conventional, moving and LED).
Ability to program creative lighting with understanding of lighting for video.
Extensive knowledge and experience on visual presentation including ProPresentor systems and PowerPoint. Experience on media server systems such as coolux’s Pandoras Box.
Rigging & safety standards (ETCP certified or ability to be certified).
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints for construction and AVL signal flow/infrastructure.