The Contemporary Worship Associate is a part time position of approximately 10 hours a week. The Contemporary Worship Associate will assist the Worship Pastor in planning, implementing and leading the contemporary worship service. He/She will also be responsible
for leading the student worship experience by leading and continuing to develop the student band.
This position shall be directly accountable to the Worship Pastor. The Worship Pastor shall perform an annual review.
- Assist in planning and implementing the weekly contemporary worship service;
- Provide leadership for the contemporary worship services as determined by the Worship Pastor;
- Assist with recruiting and scheduling musicians for the contemporary worship service;
- Participate in weekly rehearsals, worship services and special worship events as applicable based on giftedness
- As an ongoing process, collaborate with the Worship Pastor on ways to improve the contemporary worship experience for our church;
- Help the worship team grow spiritually in their musical gifts serving the Lord;
- Become familiar with the sound and lighting Boards, to the extent that he/she can do set up for worship, make adjustments or do entry level troubleshooting on problems;
- Assist the Student Pastor in continuing development of the Student Worship Band and overall student worship ministry teams to lead weekly worship for Student Ministry activities and events;
- Plan and lead Worship Team/Band rehearsal and worship in the absence of the Worship Pastor;
10. Assist the Worship Pastor in producing and editing videos for promotion of the overall church ministry;
11. Other duties as assigned by the Worship Pastor.
1) Be a high-school graduate. Be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in music education, music performance, or related degree field. A high school senior with exceptional leadership skills and maturity will be considered at the discretion
of the Worship Pastor.
2) Show knowledge of modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for a worship setting.
3) Show proficiency on guitar or piano, preferably both instruments and proven experience as a teacher and instructor
4) Honest, dependable, confidential, organized, having good people skills.
5) Have a high level of initiative, motivation, and enthusiasm.
6) Be proficient in Mac & PC platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, and MediaShout.
Compensation: Up to $10,000 per year depending on education and experience
All applicants should forward a resume with cover letter along with a dvd or video link of them leading worship. Please forward cover letter, resume, and video to:
Attn: Worship Pastor
Rockdale Baptist Church
1295 Smyrna Road
Conyers, GA 30094