To apply, please send video of teaching (or link) as well as short video introducing yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume.
Middle School Pastor/Director
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church Job Description
The Middle School Pastor/Director is responsible for leading the Middle School ministry at PVBC in partnership with the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries. This position reports to the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries. This person would have
point leadership to Middle School ministry, would provide supervisory leadership to student worship leader, would provide visionary support and leadership to all outreach oriented ministry environments and special events.
Attributes / Spiritual Gifts
- Trustworthy / honest / confidential
- Helpful / servant attitude
- Brave / think for self / sound judgment
- Loyal /obedient
- Thrifty / manages resources well
- Courteous / kind / gentle / humble
- Friendly / approachable / hospitality
- Discipline / self-controlled
- Demonstrates a Christ-like attitude
First and foremost, a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ is of utmost importance and top priority for all aspects of the Middle School pastor/director position. This position will require teamwork with other student ministry staff as the
responsibilities of the position will include some visionary and functional leadership roles in high school ministry as well as inviting other team members to have leadership roles in middle school ministry.
- Primary leadership of Middle School ministry
i. Mission trips and service projects (working with fellow student ministry staff)
ii. Community Group programming (working with associate pastor of students)
- Outreach-oriented environments
i. Visionary support and leadership to weekly outreach-oriented environment for both HS and MS
ii. Visionary support and leadership to summer camps/retreats/activities for both HS and MS
- Partner with Director of Children’s Ministry to create and implement transition plan for 5th graders into Middle School Ministry
i. 5th grade lockin/retreat
ii. Summer events for 5th graders
iii. Fall Retreat engagement
- Provide supervisory leadership to student worship leader
i. Includes monthly one on one meetings and annual review
ii. Help facilitate conversation/coordination with larger PV worship and arts team
- Recruit, engage, and empower adult and High School volunteers
- Provide feedback, encouragement, and care to appropriate team leaders/members in MS ministry
- Utilize Google calendar to share with student ministry team for availability and accountability
- Participate in weekly student ministry staff meetings and overall PV staff gatherings/trainings, monthly family team meetings, bi-weekly one on one meetings with associate pastor to students, etc.
- Timely communication and vision of events, programming, and activities in MS ministry to staff, parents, and volunteer team
- Communicate and promote (with help from PV Communication Staff) various retreat/camp/outreach environments to students and parents
- Primary voice to students in weekly outreach-oriented environment as part of teaching team rotation
- In absence of Associate Pastor-students, would provide primary communication to entire youth ministry
- Plan and scope weekly outreach-oriented environment teaching calendar topics
- Help Associate Pastor-Students in raising up future communicators for all environments
- Oversight of weekly outreach-oriented environments for both HS and MS as well as overall MS programming
- Programming of summer camp and yearly retreats
- Budget partnership with Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
- Provide pastoral counseling to students, volunteers, and parents as needed
Qualifications / Job Skills
- Good communication skills (particularly in a large group setting) and should have a sense of charisma from main teaching platform.
- Technologically capable including social media
- Sense of calling for the position, willing to be planted long term
- Chemistry that will work well with immediate supervisor and entire team.
- Problem solving
- Ability to build, lead, and manage teams of all sizes as well as function at different times as a leader of the team and at other times as a team participant.
High school graduate. BA/BS in ministry-related field preferred
Previous church staff experience is required
Experience working within and/or leading a multi-staff youth ministry-supervisory experience a plus
Prior experience speaking/teaching to variously sized groups of both students and adults
Experience developing, leading, and maintaining teams of both students and adults