Pastor of Worship Arts
Cuyahoga Valley Church
Ministry Vision: Inviting people to new life in Christ
Overall ministry objectives:
- Facilitate engaging worship services that will bring a multigenerational congregation into God's presence, preparing it to both receive and respond to God's Word
- Mobilize and utilize musicians by providing them effective opportunities to serve God and His people with their gifts
- Oversee the training and development of aspiring church musicians, providing them effective opportunity to serve God and His people
- Lead, manage, and grow the entire music and technical ministries of this church in a manner that glorifies God
We're seeking a spiritually passionate person who models the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1. They need to be a proven team player with instrumental strength, plus technical, relational, and communicative skills.
We are looking for someone who has vocal and instrumental excellence, preferably guitar and/or keyboard. A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in music. We are looking for someone with experience in leading a worship team and a broad knowledge of
contemporary worship music and styles. This person must be able to lead people into worship, not just be a good singer/instrumentalist. The position requires creativity and growth in giftedness and spirituality. The candidate must also be a leader/team
builder, able to cast a vision for the ministry and be one that takes initiative to do what needs to be done. We are looking for someone who can recruit musicians/singers from the church and the community and who can then pastor and lead these people to growth
both musically and spiritually. The candidate should be skilled in leading worship teams, integrating instruments and voices together. The candidate should be a people person who loves to work with others and see them grow.
The individual must have a desire to serve the Lord and His Church through music and must be committed to leading by serving. He must be willing to initiate, administer, coordinate, and oversee the music needs of the church, including all 5 of our Sunday
Philosophy of Ministry:
The musical direction of our church is powerful, contemporary worship that is contemplative, energetic, and grounded in the truth of God’s Word (e.g. Hillsong, Passion, Jesus Culture, All Sons and Daughters, Elevation). We also use some hymns when appropriate.
The ultimate goal is to provide people with non-distracting excellence in worship.
- Provide a combination of fresh, familiar, and exciting musical expressions in corporate worship settings
- Work with the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor of Ministries, and the Creative Team to build worship services that will combine music, the arts, and preaching.
- Function as primary worship leader in corporate worship settings
- Provide vision and strategy to develop worship ministries
- Develop, train and coach teams to lead worship
- Be responsible for the organization and leadership of special music elements, vocal and instrumental for adults, youth, and children.
- Provide oversight and continued development of technical support ministries including sound, lights and video.
- Be responsible for the music inventory and the operation and maintenance of musical equipment.
- Organize weekly rehearsals for all worship services
- Serve as pastor, overseer, and shepherd to all involved in the worship ministry
- Generate and submit a proposed budget annually to the Finance Team and Elders.
- Develop CVC’s understanding and appreciation of God through music’s role in worship, striving to obtain excellence for God’s glory and bringing all of the congregation into God’s presence
- Insure that quality pastoral care takes place for people within the Worship Arts Ministry
Suggested Gifts, Skills, Qualifications and/or Experience:
- An identifiable salvation experience
- A pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study and regular church attendance
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same
- A passion that is in agreement with CVC’s vision of “Inviting people to new life in Christ”.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature – both spiritually and professionally
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve on a team
- Commitment to excellence, innovation, and appropriate creativity in musical expression
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in music or related field), having had sufficient training for a thorough musical understanding and comprehension of a broad range of Christian music, able to coordinate and administer an entire church music program.
- Experience in directing a professional, multi-staff environment with a track record of accomplishing goals working with and alongside a pastoral and administrative team.
- A sincere worshipper, sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and able to lead others in worship
- Strong musical skills including vocal and instrumental direction, musical reading and interpretation
- Strong skills in leadership, organization and team building with emphasis on consistent and caring communication and cooperation
- Ability to coordinate details in a timely fashion and to do long range planning
- Ability to identify emerging leaders, to equip them, and to empower them to lead in significant and visible roles
- Reports to the Executive Pastor of Ministries
- Oversees Worship Arts worship and technical support staff
- Works alongside of and team up with current staff pastors of the church
- Co-leads the Creative Team
Estimated Time Commitment: This is a full-time position, 45 hours per week.
Inquires and electronic resumes may be submitted to:
Please also include a link to audio/video samples of worship leading.