First Baptist Church of Harvester (FBCH)
Job Title: Preschool Ministry Director
Department: Generations Staff
Reports To: Generations Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
SUMMARY: The Preschool Ministry Director, as a member of the Generations Team and FBCH Ministry Staff, will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the spiritual needs of preschool children and their families. The Preschool Ministry Director will lead leaders and must be highly relational. He/She will need to have a strong team mentality leading staff and volunteer teams to provide spiritual development of both children and parents through regular, ongoing programming, and special services/events. He/She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, dedication, cooperation, encouragement, prayer support as he/she serves Christ at FBCH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cast vision and develop strategic plans consistent, and aligned, with FBCH and Generations Ministry philosophies.
- Loves children and fostering their spiritual formation.
- Implement and coordinate ministry plans in order to achieve short-range and long-range ministry objectives resulting in spiritual transformation.
- Oversee all major elements within the Preschool Ministry, including Sunday Morning Preschool Ministry, Parents Day Out, Childcare, and MOPS.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee all levels of leadership within the Preschool Ministry including volunteers, parents, interns, and paid staff.
- Develop a strategy that engages parents in the first steps of their ongoing responsibility of sharing the Gospel & discipling their child. (Baby Dedication Celebrations and similar events will be the foundation of this process, as we provide such tools to equip parents as primary nurturers of their child’s faith [Deuteronomy 6] and encourage the faith community to play a supportive role in this endeavor [Ephesians 4])
- Responsible for all teaching materials and curriculum to be used by the Preschool ministry.
- Continually evaluate trends in Preschool Ministry, implementing the best quality program for preschoolers, while evaluating sustainability with volunteer staffing.
- Intentionally build relationships with preschoolers and their families.
- Create and maintain safe and welcoming environments for all guests, preschoolers, and their families.
- Oversee provision of our church-wide childcare program.
- Align Preschool Ministry with the other Generations ministries while working to ensure a strong, cohesive Generations Team.
- Effectively communicate with volunteers, parents, and our church via The City, our website, social media, and print materials.
- Build and manage the preschool ministry budgets in alignment with annual goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A teachable, and an enthusiastic learner.
- At the church for regular worship services and special services.
- Attends all staff meetings, retreats, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stays current with ministry trends.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and governmental guidelines, regulations, laws and ethical issues.
- Aligned with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Represents the Preschool and Generations Ministry well to staff, our team leaders, parents, and the church.
- Works well with others and within a team environment.
- Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Passion for the Gospel and the local church.
- Strong work ethic and desire to lead spiritual transformation.
- Caring heart and commitment to help heal those who are hurting and broken.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Gifts, Skills, and Talents
- Strong leadership gifting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
- Good listener.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong servant leader.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Preschool Director, preferably at a church with average Sunday attendance of 1000 people or greater.
- Track record of success in recruiting, developing, and leading volunteers and teams.
- Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Preschool Ministry Administrative Assistant
- Parents Day Out Coordinator and Teaching Team
- Childcare Coordinator
- Curriculum Coordinator
To apply for this position, please send:
- Your Resume
- Social Media or Blog links
to Dan Gould at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Pastor/Director of Children's MinistriesNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- October 27
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27
First Baptist Church Harvester
At Harvester we sum up everything we are in three words: Worship. Love. Go. We believe that we are called to worship God, love those around us, and to go into our community and the world to share the love of God.More...