Located in downtown Waxahachie, 30 miles south of Dallas, TX, Central Presbyterian Church is seeking a mission-minded leader to serve as the full-time Director of Christian Education. The Director of Christian Education would oversee the educational aspects
of the church, including children, youth, and adults.
* Bachelor's degree with ministry focus and three years leadership experience with church educational/youth ministries preferred.
* Experience with the Presbyterian Church prefered and willing to adhere to the doctrine of the Presbyterian Church-USA.
* Enjoys spending time with youth and children, especially at-risk youth.
* Able to communicate with and effectively teach a variety of ages.
* Can plan and organize multiple levels of the educational process of the church.
* Able to recruit, train and equip volunteers to work in educational ministries.
* Able to team with multiple committees to determine and achieve educational goals for the church.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive Christian education plan for Central Presbyterian Church with the Discipleship and Education Committee.
* Plan and manage weekly Sunday morning and a weekday evening (presently Wednesday) discipleship for youth and children and special events such as retreats, VBS and mission trips.
* Spend time with youth to encourage and develop their Christian faith.
* Provide resources and oversight for the adult educational classes.
* Develop and supervise a volunteer base to serve the educational needs of the church.
* Coordinate with other ministry teams to ensure collaboration between various aspects of church's ministries.
*Assist parents in the teaching and nurturing of their children and youth.
* Attend educational opportunities to develop skills necessary for effective church educational ministry.
Competitive salary and negotiable benefits. Visit our website at
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com