Middle School Pastor
Detailed job description
The Middle School Ministries Pastor must have 4+ years previous experience working with middle school students and the ability to lead and develop the current Middle School Ministry staff. Strong teaching, leadership, and administrative skills are necessary
to lead and mentor a program of 100+ active Middle School students. The current ministry employs a part-time worship leader and administrative assistant. In addition, there are approximately 25 dedicated lay-leaders that serve on the Middle School ministries
- Provide strong biblical teaching that powerfully connects with Middle School students.
- Provide vision and leadership to all the Middle School ministries that focuses on a balanced implementation of the mission and vision of our Christian Church.
- Mentor and hold Middle School Ministry staff accountable.
- Recruit, train and shepherd ministry teams and leaders (small group leaders, event planning team, drama team, worship band, snack bar).
- Lead and shepherd student leaders.
- Administer all details pertaining to the Middle School ministry (events, outreaches, mission experiences, retreats, discipleship, service projects)
- Collaborate with the Student Ministries Pastor to design and implement a teaching strategy that focuses on a central theme and incorporates that theme into the corporate gatherings of high school students.
- Assist in developing future ministries (curriculum development; mentoring/intern program; equipping students to serve the larger body at Journey; summer camp program).
- Involvement on local middle school campuses.
- Coordinate middle school transition program working closely with high school pastor (March-June).
- Coordinate elementary transition program working closely with children’s ministry pastor.
- High level of spiritual maturity, moral integrity, humility, commitment to prayer, and prioritizing of God’s Word.
- Bachelor’s degree required in biblical, theological, or pastoral field.
- Minimum four years leadership experience in youth ministry or related field.
- Ability to handle oversight of a large number of students and parents.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Team player with leadership and teaching skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours to complete assigned tasks/projects as needed and scheduled.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
- Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values, purposes, and doctrinal statement for our Christian Church.
- Grow in the Bible.
- Grow in leadership.
- Grow in theology.
- Grow holistically.