Position Overview: Westminster Baptist Church seeks a Worship Pastor with strong instrumental and vocal skills to lead in Contemporary Worship and to serve on staff as an Assistant Pastor.
We are a Christ-driven church and a member of the Southern Baptist Convention. Our desire is to honor the Lord in all we do. We are a Bible-teaching church and our mission is “to know Christ and make Him known.”
WBC is seeking a dedicated worship leader who has Christ’s heart’s desire and feels the calling to serve our congregation and community. The responsibilities are not limited to music. We are seeking an individual with a desire to serve as a Worship Pastor.
This individual must have the longing to serve as a pastor to the flock as well as a worship leader in contemporary music. This candidate will lead the 11:00 am Sunday Contemporary Worship Service including overseeing, planning, and facilitating all aspects
of the music for the contemporary worship service. Additional responsibilities as a member of the WBC pastoral team will include assisting the senior pastor in preaching, teaching, counseling, outreach, evangelizing, and providing pastoral care to the members
of the church and our community.
Contemporary Worship Leader Qualifications
- Familiar with the work of Contemporary Christian music
- 1 year experience in leading contemporary Christian music
- Comfortable in the use of technology in worship
- Competent in overseeing sound, lighting, media, and video production
- Exhibits strong vocal and instrumental skills (guitar or keyboard)
- Experience as a worship leader
- Seeks excellence and flow in planning and performance of each worship service
- Possesses relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship
Worship Pastor Qualifications
- Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Committed to moral purity and a healthy relationship with his wife and family
- Meets the qualifications for elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- A team player with a positive attitude, who is comfortable working under the direction of a senior pastor
- Shows competence in ministry, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Has a heart for the spiritual formation of congregation members
- Is committed to the theology, mission, covenant and worship philosophy of WBC
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply: Send a cover letter, your resume, and an internet link showing your worship leadership skills by email to email@example.com,
OR, a cover letter, your resume, and a DVD showing your worship leadership skills by US mail to: Westminster Baptist Church, 354 Crest Lane, Westminster, MD 21157.