Job Description: Church Secretary (approximately 20 hours/week)
The church secretary supports the staff and the ministry of Living Water Lutheran Church by managing and performing the day to day operation of the church office.
Required skills for this position:
- Servant heart
- Communication (verbal and written, excellent editing skills)
- Customer service
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook email, Outlook calendar, willingness to learn database software, Internet savvy
- Office equipment including copier, phone system, etc.
- Assist the staff and ministry leaders in supporting the ministries of Living Water Lutheran Church.
- Reception (phone and walk-in)
- Bulletins - Prepare bulletins and inserts for all regular and special services. Insure that bulletins are copied and available prior to each service.
- Supervise office volunteers who assist with preparation of bulletin, music folders, and other special projects.
- Newsletter - Gather information for the weekly electronic newsletter (The Wave). Compose and distribute the newsletter.
- Flyers/handouts/announcements - Prepare and distribute any special handouts, flyers, announcements, articles etc. for church events. Manage free and paid advertising.
- Primary contact for outside groups who use Living Water’s facility. Schedule rooms and maintain contact information.
- Help recruit volunteers for various ministries and events.
- Accept payment for events and other activities. Maintain accurate records for these payments.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain office equipment.