Job Description: Church Secretary (approximately 20 hours/week)
The church secretary supports the staff and the ministry of Living Water Lutheran Church by managing and performing the day to day operation of the church office.
Required skills for this position:
- Servant heart
- Communication (verbal and written, excellent editing skills)
- Customer service
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook email, Outlook calendar, willingness to learn database software, Internet savvy
- Office equipment including copier, phone system, etc.
- Assist the staff and ministry leaders in supporting the ministries of Living Water Lutheran Church.
- Reception (phone and walk-in)
- Bulletins - Prepare bulletins and inserts for all regular and special services. Insure that bulletins are copied and available prior to each service.
- Supervise office volunteers who assist with preparation of bulletin, music folders, and other special projects.
- Newsletter - Gather information for the weekly electronic newsletter (The Wave). Compose and distribute the newsletter.
- Flyers/handouts/announcements - Prepare and distribute any special handouts, flyers, announcements, articles etc. for church events. Manage free and paid advertising.
- Primary contact for outside groups who use Living Water’s facility. Schedule rooms and maintain contact information.
- Help recruit volunteers for various ministries and events.
- Accept payment for events and other activities. Maintain accurate records for these payments.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain office equipment.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Church SecretaryNew Hope Baptist Church
- Denver, Colorado
- November 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
Living Water Lutheran Church
We believe that wherever you are right now is a great place to start a relationship with Jesus, and we want to help you take that step. We worship a God of grace and mercy that truly desires a relationship with all of his beloved creation. We truly believe that God is still in the healing and miracle business and can do great things in and through those that open their hearts and lives to his transformational love. More...