Lewis Lane Baptist Church
Worship and Education Pastor
Position Title: Worship and Education Pastor
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Full Time
Date Prepared: January 2014
- Cares for their own family while pursuing and modeling Christ-like character traits and priorities at all times and can bear testimony as a born again/baptized believer.
- Must be outgoing and enjoy being around people and be accessible to the membership in general, while serving/sharing the gospel to others.
- Provides general pastoral care to the members of our church.
- Has the heart of a pastor, is an inspirational leader, tenacious/resourceful doer, multi-tasker and a team player with a passion and calling to ensure worship continues to grow in scope and excellence.
- Designs and implements big picture plans by providing direction and leadership for education and all worship services (Contemporary & Traditional) and all music ministries (Adults, Youth, and Children). Point of contact for assigned worship services and
events. Provides oversight for planning of services, musical selection, worship teams and band, choirs, scheduling, social media, technology, drama and any other creative aspects of the services.
- Manages and ensures effective rehearsal times.
- Lead educational ministry organizations/leadership to ensure activities/programs are carried out effectively.
- Responsible for providing training to volunteers; creative direction to the stage design, oversight to the technical and media resources used by the church with attention given to the identification and training of volunteer technical personnel for audio,
lighting and media.
- Coordinates, oversees, directs, and evaluates a comprehensive music ministry and education program. Submits a detailed budget for each area of responsibility (Music and Education).
- Coordinates resources related to weekly worship teams/choirs and media ministry in cooperation with other staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the pastor and be available and willing to support other ministries of the church.
- Stays abreast of current trends, new programs and curriculum for education and all other areas of responsibilities through ongoing education and networking.
- Meets weekly with other staff for worship and ministry planning meetings.
- Education- Bachelor’s degree in music ministry or related field is preferred. Associate’s degree with work experience will be considered.
- Experience-Leading worship in a multi-staff setting is preferred. Experience should include leading congregational worship with praise teams, bands/orchestra and choirs.
- Skills- Passion for leading a contemporary and traditional style of worship and for making disciples; the ability to recruit, equip and lead volunteers; good administrative and organization skills; and, possess
appropriate inner-personal skills.
- Technology - Working knowledge of various computer programs and media resources (sound, lighting and video).
- Personal - Must be a mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ who demonstrates a consistent love for God and others. The desire to build strong relationships with other pastors and support staff is a priority. Financially
supports the ministries of the church by faithfully giving a tithe and maintaining wise stewardship over personal finances. Protects the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Doctrinal- Affirmation of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Works in cooperation with the philosophy of ministry as set forth in the By-Laws, Policies and Procedures Manual and the Personnel Manual.