To assist in the fulfillment of the Great Commission and the purpose of Golden Hills Community Church by providing development, oversight, leadership and mentoring to the ministry team and the residents of the Bethesda Village community.
- General Responsibilities
- Ministry Development: Responsible for ongoing development of program curriculum, counseling needs, service projects, and promotional methods. Annual, measureable goals will be developed, refined and evaluated in a team effort involving the Elders, Church Staff and the New Hope Staff.
- Facility Development: Planning for the continuing renovation of buildings and other remodel projects, landscape design, and general property maintenance in accordance with the BV master plan.
- Staff Development: Responsible for the discipleship of all mentors, residents, volunteer staff and facility manager in the vision and purpose of BV, along with personal, spiritual, and ministerial growth.
- Financial: Plan, direct, and implement all fundraising events. Also responsible for all budgetary management and reporting.
- General: Conduct all resident, mentor and volunteer staff interviews, application, and exit processes, keep current BV database of supporters and volunteers, and maintain general record keeping.
- Ministry Promotion
- Responsible to promote the vision and purpose of Bethesda Village to Christian churches, ministries, and other organizations through PR trips and preaching/teaching seminars.
- Develop and maintain current promotional materials.
- Ministry Functions
- The Program Director must be able to participate in regular ministry duties related to the Bethesda Village community such as:
- Leadership development and general problem solving
- Program design, implementation, and maintenance
- Vision casting and ministry promotion
- The Bethesda Village Program Director reports directly to the Golden Hills Recovery Pastor.
- Desired Ministry Qualifications
The Program Director will strive to reflect the qualities of a mature Christian in all activities and attitudes that relate to Bethesda Village as well as his own personal life, his family life, and his public life.
He shall possess a genuine love for Jesus Christ, the Word of God, His people, and those that God would allow him to minister to.
Proficient knowledge of, and experience in, Christian recovery, counseling, and Biblical teaching and preaching.
Skilled in the area of leadership development, interpersonal relationship skills, effective communication, and problem solving.
Experience in financial budgeting, program management, and administration.
A BA degree in Bible or Christian Ministry, highly desired.
All ministry personnel of Golden Hills Community Church are called to live their lives in a manner glorifying to the Lord Jesus Christ and pleasing to Him, as led by and empowered by the Holy Spirit. All ministry personnel are expected to maintain a life characterized by serious prayer and a strong commitment to God’s Word and to His people.
V. Contact Information
Please send resumes to:
Pastor Matt Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org (925) 516-0653 x7131
Golden Hills Community Church
2401 Shady Willow Lane
Brentwood, CA 94513
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Golden Hills Community Church
Located in the far eastern edge of the San Francisco Bay area, Golden Hills is a growing ministry with a goal of impacting our world for Christ. Averaging abiout 3700 in weekly attendance, there is still much to be done here in our community and around the world to reach peolple for Jesus.More...