The Creative Arts Director is responsible for ALFC’s creative stage presentations. The individual in this position interprets scripts, conducts rehearsals, and directs cast members, crew and technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with staff and ministry volunteers to produce creative stage presentations.
- Identify, recruit, and coordinate volunteers to support the ministry’s activities.
- Recruit and direct cast members as well as other volunteers involved in stage presentations.
- Prepare rehearsal schedules and delegate tasks as needed.
- Develop and maintain budgets.
- Oversee construction of sets/props.
- Responsible for all purchasing of costumes, materials, and equipment in accordance with budget guidelines and in accordance with requisition process.
- Responsible for developing marketing strategies designed to promote stage productions.
- Responsible for developing a ministry plan and key performance measures to achieve department goals.
- Create opportunities to shepherd and disciple team members.
- Carry out administrative tasks associated with the daily functions of the role.
- Address concerns, complaints, and inquiries.
- Adhere to the ministry’s standards of confidentiality.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater or equivalent years of progressively responsible and related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- English language proficiency—oral and written form.
COMPETENCIES--KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to think visually and create a sense of drama.
- A good eye for detail, well organized, and ability to coordinate effectively.
- Ability to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups).
- Exercise diplomacy and sensitivity when working with cast members and crew.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Creative Arts Director *Schedule is subject to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment. Person performing service in this position will exert 10 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Abundant Living Family Church provides all training required to ensure employee safety.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendations to Andreea Harris by no later than Thursday, February 6, 2014.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Events Project ManagerFreedom House Church
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- January 14
St. Mark's Lutheran Church - Director of High School Ministries/Worship LeaderVanderbloemen Search Group
- Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa
- January 13