The Pastor to Children serves as a member of our pastoral team and with a focus on leading a ministry to help children know, love, and follow Jesus.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic relationship with Him.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing. Able to connect not only with children but also with parents and volunteers including youth.
- Proven leader and strategic thinker.
- Track record of building, encouraging, and leading ministry teams.
- Desired skills include teaching, leadership, training, counseling, administration, and shepherding.
- Able to excel in a collaborative leadership environment.
- A culture creator—able to generate vision, passion, and energy.
- Provide oversight to our children’s ministry. Lead, with a team to develop vision within an overall church-wide vision.
- Lead in planning, organizing and implementing the direction of children’s ministry.
- Assist the church in meeting the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual needs of children in their various stages of life.
- Provide opportunities for our children to connect, develop friendships with peers and adults, grow spiritually and encourage one another.
- Recruit, train and equip leaders to serve in ministry, including youth.
- Develop and implement comprehensive programs for Sunday mornings as well as summer activities for children.
- Oversee development of our facilities for children’s ministries.
- Develop and maintain security for our children.
- Oversee and work in cooperation with our Pastor of Pre-school Ministries.
- Provide information and advice to our pastoral staff and elders on issues relating to, and of particular interest to the children of CMBC.
- Serve as a member of our Family Ministries Team with other staff members.
The Pastor to Children will report to the pastor leading our Family Ministries Team.
This position is currently salaried and with full benefits.
Contact: Dan Larsen, Executive Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes may be sent via e-mail or to
Cedar Mill Bible Church
12208 NW Cornell Rd
Portland, Oregon 97229 Attn: Dan Larsen