Hughesville Baptist Church of Hughesville, Maryland is seeking a full-time senior pastor called by God to serve as the spiritual leader of the congregation. The senior pastor's responsibility is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach
the Bible, provide Christian leadership, and engage in pastoral care for the congregation.
Candidate must meet the qualifications for a Senior Pastor as provided in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9). Candidate must be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit. Candidate’s personal character and financial standing must be above reproach both
inside and outside the church. Candidates must possess at least a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited theological seminary and at least five (5) years of senior level pastoral experience. Candidates must also be licensed and ordained from a Southern
Baptist church. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following: the ability to prepare and deliver biblically sound, inspirational, and Spirit-filled sermons; the ability to provide Bible-based teaching; strong interpersonal skills; accessibility
and sensitivity to the needs of all demographics within the congregation; a vision for growing church membership that is rooted in the Word of God; a commitment to Christian education, missions and evangelism; an openness to new ideas; proficiency in the use
of technology; and a proven record as a skilled administrator and manager of church staff and programs.
- Teaching and Preaching of God's Word,
- Provide spiritual oversight and care for the church family, helping believers to develop and use their spiritual gifts, through discipleship, counseling and visitation,
- Lead, manage and develop staff through meetings, mentoring, and accountability, and
- Demonstrate godly leadership and wisdom in planning worship services, working with church committees, volunteers and team development.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested and qualified persons must submit an initial candidate package to include the following information:
1. A current resume that includes relevant ministry, professional, and educational experience, in chronological order
2. Copies of ministerial license and ordination certificate.
3. Copies of degree(s).
4. Three (3) recommendation letters (clergy (1), layperson (1), and personal (1)).
To submit the composite candidate package
Mail to: Hughesville Baptist Church, Pastor Search Committee, P.O. Box 550, Hughesville, MD 20637.
E-mail to: email@example.com
The deadline for all information to be postmarked or submitted is March 15, 2014 for priority consideration. Any candidate package postmarked after March 15, 2014 may not be considered during the initial candidate evaluations.
A profile of our church is available on our website www.hughesvillebaptist.com