The Rock- Who We Are – Our DNA
The Rock is a local church whose vision is: “Pursue God, Embrace People, and
Transform Society through Real Community”. Our purpose is to help transform people into followers of Jesus. In our services we desire to enter into inspired worship, welcome the Presence of God and His Holy Spirit, and release the revelation
of His Word. We place a high value on developing honest and authentic relationships. We Believe in the Gifts of The Holy Spirit and believe that these Gifts are available today in His Local Church. We also emphasize God’s grace and restoration.
Please visit our website at www.therock.org to learn more information about the church and our beliefs in the sections on Discover The Rock
Booklet (see Church Government and What We Believe and also our Affiliations with other churches and organizations of similar beliefs ). It is extremely important that the applicant for the Executive Pastor position have a similar belief
system and DNA in additional to some of the qualifications shown below.
Executive Pastor Position - Job Description
Some of the duties and/or responsibilities might include:
1) Preparing and effectively managing a multi million dollar budget in the $ 4-5 million range with potential of $ 10 million or more.
2) Managerial responsibilities with supervision and oversight of 100+ people
3) Be able to oversee the duties as officer of the corporation, manage Board of Trustee meetings and represent the corporation as officer for contracts, negotiations, legal documents, etc.
4) Ability to write and maintain Bylaws for the corporation
5) Be able to negotiate contracts on behalf of the corporation including utilities, vendors, etc.
Also, experience in the buying/selling and leasing of properties and working with legal counsel on behalf of the corporation is helpful.
6) Be able to oversee a building campaign and church expansion either on the main Castle Rock campus or multiple campuses. Have the ability to work with general contractors, architects, consultants, etc. on future
building expansions as the liaison on behalf of the church.
7) Church Government – have the capability to oversee the government structure of the church including reviewing candidates along with the Lead Pastors for the positions of : Board of
Trustees, Council of Elders, and Council of Overseers. Ability to write and maintain Bylaws for Council of Elders and Council of Overseers.
8) Ability to oversee the marketing objectives of the corporation including websites, apps, advertising, etc.
9) Ability to negotiate and contract professional services including: information technology, web development, accounting and audit firms, legal counsel, payroll services, healthcare services, etc.
10) Ability to negotiate loans, banking, investments, on behalf of the corporation
Candidate requirements for the Executive Pastor position:
1) The EP candidate should have a BS or BA degree or similar educational training with business management or administration preferred.
2) Previous on the job managerial experience in most or many of the job descriptions shown above.
3) Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
4) Evidence of strong leadership, team building, and supervisory skills.
5) Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and a heart to serve people.
6) Verifiable commitment to a local church.
Candidates should direct a copy of their resume along with their qualifications as it relates to this specific position to Pastor Ronnie Haynes: