Job Purpose Statement:
To develop and refine a passionate ministry, devoted to children (newborn – 5th grade) and their families, in which kids are intentionally sought, Biblically taught, and shown through Christ they are loved a lot.
Job Description and Duties:
- Oversee all aspects of children’s ministry, birth through fifth grade, with the goal of providing excellent age-appropriate programming that attracts and teaches children.
- Support the unity of Spring Hills Community Church, contributing to the unity among staff and congregation.
- Recruit and equip children’s teachers, leaders, and workers.
- Develop, implement and measure plans to improve children’s ministry.
- Strong focus on preparations with Children’s Ministry leadership to insure effective ministry.
- Provide training and support for families with children including parental training.
- Oversee children’s facility development, equipment selection and use.
- Oversee curriculum selection providing continuity from birth through fifth. Knowledge and use of Think Orange curriculum a plus.
- Facilitate smooth age/grade transitions.
- Formulate a Children’s Ministry budget in consultation with appropriate staff members.
- Initiate and manage SafeSitter training, oversee childcare for all ministries, and insure background checks are completed for each ministry volunteer.
- Initiate children’s outreach and participate in adult outreach to the community.
- Share general pastoral duties at the church and any other task assigned.
- Must have a personal relationship and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith.
- Must practice spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, worship, and giving.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience in leading a vibrant children’s ministry.
- Able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Spring Hills Community Church.
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills.
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict.
- Ability to lead this vibrant children’s ministry to a higher level of effectiveness.
- Passionate about reaching and supporting families and children.
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers.
About Spring Hills Community Church
Spring Hills Community Church was created as a community of faith to serve Sonoma County at large. We endeavor to serve God by reaching-out to our community and showing genuine love and care for our neighbors.
Our doors are open to everyone. We urge our visitors and church family alike to ask questions, seek answers, and get involved with our community as we all learn, grow, and together become better followers of Jesus Christ.
So that we can serve a diverse community with different schedules and needs, we offer four identical weekend services: Saturday night at 5:30pm and Sunday morning at 8:15am, 9:30am 11:15am.
Although we come together as a whole community on Saturdays and Sundays, Spring Hills offers a wide variety of programs and ministries throughout the week. We strive to meet the needs of all our entire community by offering programs to meet the individual needs
of each person spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially.
To find out more about us please visit springhills.org