Discovery Bible Fellowship, in Owasso OK is hiring a Community Groups & Teaching Pastor. Discovery functions as a Non-Denominational church which is unapologetically Biblical and contemporary in style. Its theology is reformed and is governed by a Board of Elders. Discovery has grown each of the past 10 years averaging approximately 800 in attendance on a Sunday morning. At the core of the churches values, strategy and mission is transformation through God centered applicable teaching; Community Groups; and local and global cause ministries. We are located in a suburb just 20 minutes north of Tulsa, OK. Please visit our website at www.DiscoverTheOne.com for more information about our church.
If you are looking to serve on a team that is energetic, spiritual contributors who love to laugh, and honor God with integrity, read on…
Our mission: Inviting people to discover new life and community in Christ.
Spiritual Growth Philosophy:
At Discovery we believe spiritual growth happens naturally as people consistently live out 7 habits over time:
- Be committed to a local church
- Engage God in scripture and prayer
- Grow in a community group
- Serve according to your giftedness
- Invest in God’s work – Be generous
- Seek justice for the poor and marginalized
- Invite others to know Christ.
Our Core Values:
- It is all about God, not us.
- Love, grace and truth must define all of our relationships.
- Lost people matter to God and therefore are a priority to us.
- Prayer is essential because it releases the power of God to accomplish His purposes.
- God's Word communicated with doctrinal integrity and cultural relevance leads to ongoing transformation.
- God invites every Christian to discover joy and meaning through utilizing his/her spiritual gift(s) in ministry.
- We demonstrate that money is not our god by giving back to God at least 10% of our income.
- Ministry led by the Holy Spirit involves creativity, innovation and risk taking.
- Excellence honors God and inspires people.
Job Title: Community Groups & Teaching Pastor
One-Sentence Job Description:
Make disciples by effectively leading adults to consistently live out the 7 habits of spiritual growth.
Direct Report: This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
Lead Discovery’s overall adult discipleship (Community Groups)
Anticipated Amt of Time (60%)
- Oversee the growth of the community groups from assimilation to leadership.
- Enlist, develop and multiply leaders and coaches.
- Lead, develop, and advance our church-wide small groups system.
- Oversight to Men’s, Women’s and Support/Recovery groups (included in our groups system)
Provide leadership and oversight to Discovery’s Local Causes.
Anticipated Amt of Time (20%)
- Lead and oversee partnerships with local organizations & grass-roots causes.
- Pursue and develop new avenues/causes that bring hope and restoration.
Shared staff roles
Anticipated Amt of Time (20%)
- Preach at weekend services, as a part of our preaching team. (12 x’s annually)
- General pastoral functions (weddings, funerals, all church initiatives, dedications)
Measure of Success:
The person filling this role will help define goals related to people living out the 7 habits of spiritual growth. Success in this position will be measured by accomplishing those goals.
- Team Player
- Ability to cast and communicate vision creatively, consistently and clearly in a winsome manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relational IQ, with the ability to encourage and inspire.
- Creative and Innovative approach to strategic planning and problem solving
- Ability to create/evaluate/continually modify effective Systems for efficiency and ministry growth.
- Effective Preaching skills with clear evidence of teaching for transformation
- Experience in community development ministries/projects/causes.
- Thick skin and can laugh
- Soft heart
- Passion for Christ
- Passion for discipleship (holistic discipleship, not just Bible study)
- Fun to be around
- Financial wisdom
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, but prefer a Masters in Ministry.
- Track record that demonstrates the ability to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a full time ministry setting (500+ membership) where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and abilities to perform above responsibilities proven.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- December 5
Groups and Equipping PastorGrace Fellowship Church
- Johnson City, Tennessee
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Discovery Bible Fellowship
Discovery Bible Fellowship functions as a Non-Denominational church riled by a Board of Elders. It's theology is Reformed and teaching style is contemporary. Discovery has grown each of the past 10 years averaging approx. 800 on Sunday morning. At the core of the churches values/strategy/mission is transformation through God centered applicable teaching; Community Groups; and local and global causes ministries. Please visit our website at wwww.discovertheone.com for more information about our church. We are located in a suburb just 20 minut More...